Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the totally new look and update of the app.

Guess they updated it while I was sleeping.:angel

I like the new look, Seamless interaction of all the facets.

STILL NO battery condition though.

But maybe they will add that at next update.

I'm happy tho.....

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine has not worked since I got the car a month ago. I have a service appt on Monday to get it reset. Concierge has tried to reset it remotely 2x they say there is a bulletin for it. SSM-47160. looking forward to using it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has not worked since I got the car a month ago. I have a service appt on Monday to get it reset. Concierge has tried to reset it remotely 2x they say there is a bulletin for it. SSM-47160. looking forward to using it.
Awwww man,

Thats not good.

Hate to hear that your having a problem with the app.

I have had a couple bugs pop up, but they cleared, and now the new face and update is much better IMHO.

Hope they get you working right there DRM,

It is a fun and useful app.

Several times I have went to garageto do something to car and forgot to grab the keyfob, but had my cell phone, so I saved a trip back into the house to get the key, by using the phone to unlock the car.

Let us know when they get yours working, and how you like it.

Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
The app still looks the same to me. What has changed?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ok I had to go to the google app store and force a new install of the app. I like that it now shows the service history, dates, etc. except that it is showing the currency symbol as Pounds instead of $.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like that Start/Lock/Unlock on main page. What I use app for 99% of time. Though I think app is slower to open so no quicker even though though don’t have press operate to access Start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't used the app to start my car yet,

Just curious.....after you start the car , what do you do to shut it off?

Does the start button become a stop button?

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, press and hold to shut off. Did have a strange issue once. Pushed/Held to start and put phone in pocket. Get to car not running. Figured it failed, so just started car with dash button and headed to Wally World. Grab couple things, come out car running. Phone never touched. I guess initial push was still looking for car and found it 20 minutes later while shopping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jim, you also set a predetermined elapsed time to auto shut off just in case. And can extend that time via app once car running.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Pete,

I am still just plodding thru all the stuff this thing is capable of..
any help is always appreciated.

I guess I'm gonna have to try the start and stop feature , and see how it works, so there are no surprises if I really need it.

I can see how that incident at WalMart could happen,
Because I have seen mine take a long time , once, just to unlock.
Guess it depends on the weather and how your holding your mouth...:eek:wink:smile

I got 3gigbite of free data (3 months) for free , and haven't figured out how that works yet.
All I know is I'm autorized...:eek:

Jim

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have my iPhone set for automatic updates on Apps, so mine updated itself. I have two Lincolns and in the new version - it is much easier to switch between the two vehicles now.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I use an Android phone and noticed an issue. When I open the app, the home page displays with a picture of the car, Good Morning underneath and the currently temperature and smart tips underneath. However the Start Engine, Lock/Unlock icons are not displayed. I have to swipe to the left to the Add vehicle page and then swipe back to the right to the home page and then the icons are displayed. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awwww man,

Thats not good.

Hate to hear that your having a problem with the app.

I have had a couple bugs pop up, but they cleared, and now the new face and update is much better IMHO.

Hope they get you working right there DRM,

It is a fun and useful app.

Several times I have went to garageto do something to car and forgot to grab the keyfob, but had my cell phone, so I saved a trip back into the house to get the key, by using the phone to unlock the car.

Let us know when they get yours working, and how you like it.

Jim
Picked it up about an hour ago. I am now able to use the app. Pretty slick. I wish I could set the heat/cool setting at the time I start, instead of just the two options they give you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use an Android phone and noticed an issue. When I open the app, the home page displays with a picture of the car, Good Morning underneath and the currently temperature and smart tips underneath. However the Start Engine, Lock/Unlock icons are not displayed. I have to swipe to the left to the Add vehicle page and then swipe back to the right to the home page and then the icons are displayed. Anyone else have this issue?
No,
When I go to app,

It opens with the Lincoln logo, and a pic of a black MKC,

then after a few seconds opens to>

a pic of MY Mkc
(underneath pic) Vehicle Details

Start Engine, Lock and unlock
Good afternoon
with temp and prtly cloudy.

Across bottom of page,
MOVE FIND Concierge ACCOUNT

Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've opened the app every day and it still does not display the Start Engine, Lock/Unlock icons on the home page until I go to another page and then back to the home page.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmmm,

I just opened the app,

I comes on with the big Lincoln logo,
with a black MKC,
then after 4-5 seconds....it auotmatically goes to the page with my MKC, and the start engine, lock, and unlock page.

says Good Morning.

I'm starting to think , that this depends on which page is left up , when exiting the app.
Not sure yet.

Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm using an Android phone and am in Canada...maybe that makes a difference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm using an Android phone and am in Canada...maybe that makes a difference.
I had to delete and reinstalled the app even though my iPhone said that I have the latest version. Maybe that will work for you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Grumpy old man department:
Another app with no consideration for efficiency regarding file sizes. 207 Meg- really?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Countryguy:

I have an Android phone and am in Canada as well. Mine updated automatically and works as others have indicated. Have you checked for App updates?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts