Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 MKC 2.0 has some very annoying issues. The transmission and the engine appear not to know each other. If the accelerator is pushed to the floor it's fine. But in normal driving at slow speeds it absurd. If you let off the gas for a moment when turning a corner the transmission seems confused. It either hesitates or appears to clunk into an incorrect gear.

I think that Ford needs to purchase my 15 year old Infiniti Coupe and disassemble it's tranny and copy it!

The tire noise is also not a big deal but irritating. The tires are Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ All-Season. Brand new and installed by the dealer before I purchased the MKC. Noise is very noticeable at low speeds on a smooth road. Mostly goes away at highway speeds. Anyone else have his issue or any ideas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
sounds like your tranny needs work. perhaps valve body issues.

·
208 Posts
No can't say this is normal. I hated the factory Michelin tires but that was due to ride quality. The transmissions seem to shift harder in this car then other Fords but not like you are discussing, I would have the dealership look at that transmission

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 MKC 2.0 has some very annoying issues. The transmission and the engine appear not to know each other. If the accelerator is pushed to the floor it's fine. But in normal driving at slow speeds it absurd. If you let off the gas for a moment when turning a corner the transmission seems confused. It either hesitates or appears to clunk into an incorrect gear.

I think that Ford needs to purchase my 15 year old Infiniti Coupe and disassemble it's tranny and copy it!

The tire noise is also not a big deal but irritating. The tires are Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ All-Season. Brand new and installed by the dealer before I purchased the MKC. Noise is very noticeable at low speeds on a smooth road. Mostly goes away at highway speeds. Anyone else have his issue or any ideas?
Very well maybe the throttle body. My wifes 15 mkc had what appeared to be trans problems with wild shifting and shut downs. We rebuilt trans and experienced same issues. New throttle body Solved issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very well maybe the throttle body. My wifes 15 mkc had what appeared to be trans problems with wild shifting and shut downs. We rebuilt trans and experienced same issues. New throttle body Solved issue.
Thx. Will look into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts