Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I will keep at it.. Question: Did you have to use a hand held remote near the home lite one ?

And did you have the garage door motor activated in learn mode ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2015 has impressed me with how it has worked.

I have one new wifi enabled door (newer security protocols) and an older style one - both are programmed to the homelink visor and both work. I did have to hold the original working remotes next to the visor when setting the codes in the car - then activated the programming mode on the doors after according to the directions for each door motor unit. The newer wifi opener has a different programming method - but all is working now.

Keep at it - and look up the directions for your openers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do a search on this forum and you will find how it's done, my wife figured it out.
"Wife got it working, basically she did every thing we had done but multiple times plus she used the remote in conjunction with the learn button and the Homelink button. Not exactly as the manual said but it works now, advantages of an OCD spouse."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll do that, & agree about having an OCD spouse.. Your info alone is best I have to try so far.. I've been following the OM, with no luck. Knew the door motor had to be activated to program..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Billy, I found the post:
"
finally translated what my wife did so here is the procedure:
Clear Homelink by holding the two outside buttons until the lights flash rapidly, it is now cleared of program.
Hold the garage door remote near the Homelink and simultaneously press the remote and Homelink button you want to program, when the lights flash release the buttons.
Next to the garage door motor head and press the learn button, then within 30 seconds go to the Homelink and press the button you want to program for 2 seconds, release and press again for 2 seconds and at that point it should be programmed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent will try that just as you posted.. Please thank your Mrs, & Thank You for the details..

Seems like pressing the both remotes, before hitting door motor 'learn' button seem kinda pointless, but yours works ours doesn't...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts