Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2017 MKC and I noticed that the Sync3 version was only at v2.2 so I did the official update to 3.0 but I then noticed that my maps were still a few years old and that I didn't have all the features like in dash directions for Google Maps and Waze like the latest version of Sync3 has so I searched around and found a tool to upgrade my unit to 3.4 and I'm happy to report that everything works great after the update (although I did have to master reset afterwards to get my ambient lighting to work properly) and I now have all of the new features present in v3.4 and my maps have been updated also. The tool I used is called Ford Sync Downloaded from Cyanlabs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have wanted to do that, do you have any regrets, or and advice other than the master reset? Does the smartphone app still work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 17 mkc reserve everything works 100% including the Lincoln way smartphone app. I was a bit scared when it booted up and the ambient light didn't work but after the guys on their discord forum suggested the master reset it's been perfect. It looks so much better than the old version and the new features are great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What other new features stand out?

On my 17 mkc reserve everything works 100% including the Lincoln way smartphone app. I was a bit scared when it booted up and the ambient light didn't work but after the guys on their discord forum suggested the master reset it's been perfect. It looks so much better than the old version and the new features are great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is just what I've noticed
  • updated maps in built in navigation
  • turn by turn nav in speedo dash for both waze and gmaps
  • new color themes for the UI for both day and night(I think there are 4 now)
  • it's much more responsive than the old version

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some photos, but personally I think the new update looks much better than the old version

Old v3.0 New v3.4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day & night themes: it's important to note that you can't choose a different one for day and night. I'd just showing what each theme looks like at day or night

·
Registered
148 Posts
well you got me to try it, did it to both my flex and my MKC and both worked flawlessly, I got to admit I don't like the color combinations though of the new version in the MKC, the ford is better 😞 the new features make it worthwhile though

·
Registered
148 Posts
Were you able to get the station logos to work? I got calm screen but the station logos are missing

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am planning to do this later this week, a few questions:

1. I have currently I have SYNC 3.0 and not sure how to upgrade to 3.2. Do I need to or should I just select "Older than 3.2" on the Ford Sync Downloader?
2. This may be a no-brainer, but does your boot screen logo stayed as a Lincoln logo, same thing when you shut down the car? Didn't change to a Ford logo I hope.
3. You guys had mentioned that iOS app still worked, but any of y'all had a chance to test to see if Sirius NavTraffic, or any of the Sirius Apps still works properly? Don't want it to break any subscription that I have with them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
As far as I can tell my '17MKC is not equipped with HD radio so I'm not going to get the FM radio logo's, all my other sources like sirrusxm and iheartradio all show logo's as I expect. Also keep in mind that if you do have HD radio in yours you'll only see the logos on the HD channels

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

1. I have currently I have SYNC 3.0 and not sure how to upgrade to 3.2. Do I need to or should I just select "Older than 3.2" on the Ford Sync Downloader?
2. This may be a no-brainer, but does your boot screen logo stayed as a Lincoln logo, same thing when you shut down the car? Didn't change to a Ford logo I hope.
3. You guys had mentioned that iOS app still worked, but any of y'all had a chance to test to see if Sirius NavTraffic, or any of the Sirius Apps still works properly? Don't want it to break any subscription that I have with them.

Thanks in advance!
Definitely choose the older than 3.2 option.

It keeps the Lincoln logo on startup and shutdown

I have sirrusxm and that all works, everything under travel link works just as you'd expect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes starzplacez, you select the "older than 3.2". Also, boot and shutdown logos remained as Lincoln. SiriusXM travel and Music still worked for me..I'm very happy PSUnexus joined ha..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya I don't have the hd radio either.. I tried it on my wife's flex that does have hd radio though and got the same result, calm screen but no logos. My down falls after updating are, and I would like to here if anyone else is having them, the USB hub is a little more finicky and the navigation over voice command is slower and wants me to choose an address in Michigan rather than my current state, Tennessee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll try some voice commands next time I'm in the vehicle and report back my results

·
Registered
103 Posts
Definitely choose the older than 3.2 option.

It keeps the Lincoln logo on startup and shutdown

I have sirrusxm and that all works, everything under travel link works just as you'd expect.
View attachment 5993
Yes starzplacez, you select the "older than 3.2". Also, boot and shutdown logos remained as Lincoln. SiriusXM travel and Music still worked for me..I'm very happy PSUnexus joined ha..
Thanks for the confirmation y'all! I will wait for @PSUnexus on the feedback for default navigation state before getting it installed. I also see that there's been a new build for 3.4 since you did your write-ups, planning to update?

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG, thank you so much for sharing this. I just got my '17 MKC in February and I have to say I was a little disappointed in the Sync UI. I'm a software developer that mainly works on UI so as you can imagine this pained me dearly. I love the way 3.4 looks in your pictures! I'm going to try and do this update later today. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be completely honest normally I use Android auto so I would never have noticed this but I can repeat the "find an address" defaulting to Michigan, this is really odd because on my first attempt it picked PA without issues but I didn't have my Camera ready to take a photo so I redid it and it then showed as Michigan and won't go back to defaulting as PA The only way I can get around this is by saying "find an address in Pennsylvania" and I can search with no issue. It's also interesting that the find a place works perfectly for the local area.
As for speed of voice commands on advanced it's slow to respond but the normal mode loads almost instantly I didn't use this on 2.2 so I have no idea if this is better or worse

1 - 20 of 45 Posts