Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I will probably try the new update and see if this gets fixed. I'll report back after

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting I'm going to turn mine to normal mode and off advanced mode and see if that helps, I have also seen that people can downgrade after upgrading and maintain the new maps but the old UI

·
Registered
148 Posts
By the way it's nice to have you on the forum PSU Nexus, it's nice to have another man tinkering, Even if you are a nittany Lion;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
By the way it's nice to have you on the forum PSU Nexus, it's nice to have another man tinkering, Even if you are a nittany Lion;)
Hahaha, thanks copbait, I'm happy to be here and as long as your not an Ohio State fan I think we'll get along just fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ha ha agreed, nope huskers blood in me

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay I found a good work around for the Michigan issue and the extremely slow voice commands. I downgraded to 19101 and they say to reflash to regain gracenotes but everything works flawlessly now so I think I will leave it alone.

If anyone tries it I would stay with 19101 because it will give you the new UI, AA in the dash and the new maps without the issues... atleast in my case

Reactions: PSUnexus

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just tried 3.4.19200 and this also allows for everything to work flawlessly and I got gracenotes back. So I can verify 19200 also works for a 17 mkc!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just tried 3.4.19200 and this also allows for everything to work flawlessly and I got gracenotes back. So I can verify 19200 also works for a 17 mkc!!!
Good job! So I shouldn't bother of some of the newer releases of 3.4? I see there are plenty on the Downloader.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now that I know what I know now, I would stay with 3.4.19101 it seems to be just a little bit snappier than even the one newer, the only benefit I can find with 3.4. 19200 is the graphics are slightly different down on the bottom row of buttons.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now that I know what I know now, I would stay with 3.4.19101 it seems to be just a little bit snappier than even the one newer, the only benefit I can find with 3.4. 19200 is the graphics are slightly different down on the bottom row of buttons.
With Gracenotes? Not that I really pay attention to it but having full functionality would definitely be a plus. So did you have to downgrade and reinstall every time you tried a version higher than your current one?

·
Registered
148 Posts
With Gracenotes? Not that I really pay attention to it but having full functionality would definitely be a plus. So did you have to downgrade and reinstall every time you tried a version higher than your current one?
I started at version 19274, downgraded to 19101 and then upgraded to 19200. I think I'm going to downgrade back to 19101 though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry for all the questions but how long did each process take? Being that we both have '17s I figured we would have the same process and results more or less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to the forum, I have a 2019 MKC currently on latest 3.0 version. Want to do the update but had some concerns and questions. Did everyone have the Lincoln start up screen after the update? Read where some have to reprogram with forscan. Trying to avoid using forscan at all. Also, how about your climate screen? Did it survive also? Sounds like 19101 maybe the level to go in at correct? Do like the newer buttons on the bottom in the versions above 19101. Any advice would be appreciate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It appears everyone who has tried this still retained their lincoln start up screens after the update including me. Climate screen was also intact. I just downgraded now to 19101 because I was having that issue with navigation voice commands where the state defaulted to Michigan. But I think I’m gonna try the 19200 because I want the Gracenotes back. I’ll see if there is a noticeable difference in the touch response.

New to the forum, I have a 2019 MKC currently on latest 3.0 version. Want to do the update but had some concerns and questions. Did everyone have the Lincoln start up screen after the update? Read where some have to reprogram with forscan. Trying to avoid using forscan at all. Also, how about your climate screen? Did it survive also? Sounds like 19101 maybe the level to go in at correct? Do like the newer buttons on the bottom in the versions above 19101. Any advice would be appreciate.
I

·
Registered
148 Posts
I started having problems with my navigation reverting to Michigan on 19200 now, I've reverted back to 19101 and everything is working again. Yes you will retain the navigation splash screen as that is as build data in the module, you also retain everything for climate controls, the only thing I've noticed is if you added the buttons on your main screen for heated and cooled seats instead of being cooled seats they will now have of the picture for ventilated seats but will still function as a cooled seat

·
Registered
5 Posts
My system has been all Ford updates. My climate screen only has a touch button for heated steering wheel not heat/cool for seats. Obviously everything else is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears everyone who has tried this still retained their lincoln start up screens after the update including me. Climate screen was also intact. I just downgraded now to 19101 because I was having that issue with navigation voice commands where the state defaulted to Michigan. But I think I’m gonna try the 19200 because I want the Gracenotes back. I’ll see if there is a noticeable difference in the touch response.

I
No gracenotes with 19101?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have what me a novice question, when you say, "...The tool I used is called Ford Sync Downloaded from Cyanlabs.", how/where does this tool get used? Is it applied to the car itself, thus it has to be downloaded to the car somehow, or is it downloaded and applied on your phone?
Thank you for the patience with this question.
-Shirley

·
Registered
5 Posts
You download the software from cyanlabs to run on a Windows or Mac machine. You select the version of software, Nav or Non Nav. Once the files are all downloaded they are saved to the USB drive to put in car to upgrade.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts