Lincoln MKC Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

Super Moderator
No, you get Grace notes with 19101 but you don't get Grace notes if you downgrade, you'd have to upgrade from 19101 to 19101 to get to Grace notes back.

I know that doesn't make sense until you've tried it but once you get into the cyan Labs website you'll understand

Registered
I did the update last week straight to 20136. Install was roughly 30-35 mins for me and the Lincoln startup screen was retained. I used a USB 2.0 Flash Drive, maybe it would be faster with a 3.1 drive? I get the occasional lag on a button press but for the most part it's pretty smooth. The UI is sooooo much nicer in my opinion. But I will be honest in that I spend most of my time inside of Apple CarPlay. Twice I've had the CarPlay screen show up blank twice, both times I had the phone plugged in before turning the car on. Simply unplugging and plugging back in resolved the issue. It doesn't seem to happen all of the time though.

All in all I've been pretty happy with the update :)

Registered
I get what you鈥檙e saying. Yeah once I downgraded it took me to 19101 so I thought that was it. Thanks for that tip.

No, you get Grace notes with 19101 but you don't get Grace notes if you downgrade, you'd have to upgrade from 19101 to 19101 to get to Grace notes back.

I know that doesn't make sense until you've tried it but once you get into the cyan Labs website you'll understand

Registered

So best to go from 3.0 to 3.4 19101 version for now and stay away from the buggie version above 19101.

Super Moderator
So best to go from 3.0 to 3.4 19101 version for now and stay away from the buggie version above 19101.
Yes that is what I would do, I see little benefit of the newer models. I use sync voice commands constantly and I need that to work like 3.0. the newer versions are glitchy compared to 3.0. 19101 appears to have all the 3.4 features without the glitches

Super Moderator
Well I am two weeks in and can find no problems with version 19101. Everything works like before only better

Registered
I have a 2016 MKC -- when I initially upgraded to 3.0, my Voice Control stopped working (along with audio navigation alerts), and none of the apps worked. After downgrading to 2.2, doing a factory reset, and upgrading to 3.0, everything is working perfectly. Unfortunately, Waze navigation doesn't show up in the driver HUD, and it sounds like it would if I installed this update.

Any idea if this will work on a 2016 MKC? My understanding is that the 2016 model does have CarPlay capabilities.

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Any idea if this will work on a 2016 MKC? My understanding is that the 2016 model does have CarPlay capabilities.
Are you on 3.0 or 3.4? There is a big difference between the two. My guess would be that as long as you have upgraded your USB hub to the enhanced version(physically change the hardware) and you have upgraded to sync 3.4 everything including CarPlay should work for you

Registered
Just updated my 2017 Reserve with nav with the 19101 version. Took about 28 minutes. Went off without a hitch. Used a 32 GB usb drive but it looks like a 16 gb would have been enough. Thanks to all for the info.

Registered
Finally found time to do mine to 19101, but took 34 minutes on '17 Reserve. Had to log out of MLW app and re-login to get all the app function working again but no issues. Thank you all!

Reactions: copbait

Registered
I upgraded to the latest 3.4.20136 and it works great but I lost the Lincoln brown/black theme and only have the ford blue theme. i can change background but it still looks like a ford vehicle. i don't know why they did not create two versions of this upgrade one for ford and one for Lincoln.??!?

Super Moderator
There is not two versions of that, the coding for whether it's a Lincoln or a Ford is hexadecimal. That is not rewritten during the update. The new Lincoln thing should be a grey based theme. IMO though the Ford theme is more attractive with the new version.

Registered
There is not two versions of that, the coding for whether it's a Lincoln or a Ford is hexadecimal. That is not rewritten during the update. The new Lincoln thing should be a grey based theme. IMO though the Ford theme is more attractive with the new version.
Thanks for the imput. I have Nautilus not that I think it matters. I downloaded the new version from ford , it recognized my car and after it installed it all worked fine but the brown/black Lincoln theme was changed to blue. The other day the Lincoln website finally allowed me to download what I thought was their version of the 3.4. Again it all installed fine but still blue. I could live with it but i rather not. I call sync support, and they of course cannot help, they brushed it off on the dealer. I know if I waste my time bringing it to the dealer he won't help. I also downloaded new maps and they won't install either. Nice to pay $60k for a car for technology that does not work...

Super Moderator
Like I said before the theme is related to the hexadecimal, if you wanted to spend some money and get forscan you can revert the hexadecimal numbers back correctly, if you want to let me know and I'll walk you through it

Registered
Somewhat of a update/question. I can鈥檛 seemed to locate the vehicle or see if the tire pressure is good on the app. I can still lock unlock and start the car, but just not those functions. I believe it used to work right after I updated to 3.4, but not 100%. Can anyone check to see what you see on your app?

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for the imput. I have Nautilus not that I think it matters. I downloaded the new version from ford , it recognized my car and after it installed it all worked fine but the brown/black Lincoln theme was changed to blue. The other day the Lincoln website finally allowed me to download what I thought was their version of the 3.4. Again it all installed fine but still blue. I could live with it but i rather not. I call sync support, and they of course cannot help, they brushed it off on the dealer. I know if I waste my time bringing it to the dealer he won't help. I also downloaded new maps and they won't install either. Nice to pay $60k for a car for technology that does not work...
Can you take a photo of what your sync 3 screen, they did change the background default to a greyish blue like I have shown in the photos I posted. However in themes there is a brown option. I'm not sure if you looked that those settings yet. But if some how you did get "ford" colors I'd suggest joining the cyanlabs discord community and we might be able to figure out how/why it changed on you. Also have you done the full reset from the Sync3 menu? Even if you tried multiple versions of Sync3 a full reset can typically fix 98% of the issues with updating the system

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
Somewhat of a update/question. I can鈥檛 seemed to locate the vehicle or see if the tire pressure is good on the app. I can still lock unlock and start the car, but just not those functions. I believe it used to work right after I updated to 3.4, but not 100%. Can anyone check to see what you see on your app?
What year is your MKC? on my 17 the tire pressure screen is in vehicle details below the vehicle location and above the oil life. Also the app on a 17 doesn't show the actual PSI of each tire, it just says monitoring. I believe the PSI values weren't added until the 19 model year. If for some reason it really is MIA in the app I suggest, you reset everything and it'll probably fix it. To reset your sync3 choose Settings>General>Master Reset. Then go into your app and reset it also, you can do that on android by going into settings>apps>lincoln way>storage>clear data. After you log back in you'll need to reset your vehicle but everything should be working properly after that.

Registered
What year is your MKC? on my 17 the tire pressure screen is in vehicle details below the vehicle location and above the oil life. Also the app on a 17 doesn't show the actual PSI of each tire, it just says monitoring. I believe the PSI values weren't added until the 19 model year. If for some reason it really is MIA in the app I suggest, you reset everything and it'll probably fix it. To reset your sync3 choose Settings>General>Master Reset. Then go into your app and reset it also, you can do that on android by going into settings>apps>lincoln way>storage>clear data. After you log back in you'll need to reset your vehicle but everything should be working properly after that.
I have the 鈥17 as well and yes it will usually just show me the approximate location and 鈥渕onitoring鈥 in the app under vehicle details. I did reset the car when I first got 3.4 and had to log out and back into my app to get the controls back. I seemed to recall having location and pressure working at that time too, but now they are not.

I guess I will reset it again if it doesn鈥檛 come back. Just wanted to see if anyone else have the same issue.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts