Lincoln MKC Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

Super Moderator
So I did 19101, to a 2017 as well, I just re-verified that I have access to location through the Lincoln way app and everything is working in my Lincoln way app

Registered
Just did a sync reset and re-authorized my car using the app. Still nothing on the Location and tire pressure. Everything else works. Really bizarre and I hope it isn鈥檛 a module/modem issue.

Do I need to enable Sync diagnostic or anything like that to get that to work?

Registered
Actually I did discover another bug while on the road this weekend. If I do voice search for 鈥渇ind a poi鈥, and then ask to change the search area from nearby to 鈥渃ity鈥, for example, it would crash out of voice search and back to the screen that I was previously on before hitting the voice button. Can anyone test on their vehicle?

Super Moderator
I tried what you described (starzplacez) on my MKC tonight and it works flawlessly. Sorry about your problems and wish I could help more. Have you tried to revert to downgrade? You will lose GraceNotes but then you could start over.

Registered
I tried what you described (starzplacez) on my MKC tonight and it works flawlessly. Sorry about your problems and wish I could help more. Have you tried to revert to downgrade? You will lose GraceNotes but then you could start over.
Well I am not really sure what鈥檚 causing the problems. I can鈥檛 say for sure if the location/pressure issue started as soon as I upgraded to 3.4, and I also can鈥檛 say if the voice bug is tied to 3.4. At this point, it is not big enough of a deal for me to downgrade. But if I were to do so, do I find 3.0 somewhere and reinstall it? Instructions would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
Did you upgrade through cyan labs. if you did there is a Link in there to download the file just like you did before and it's labeled downgrade. It you will follow the exact same technique as you did before as long as you use the cyan labs application. You can then redownload 19101 if you want Grace notes back, not really a big deal though in my opinion

Super Moderator
The downgrade will just take you to a factory version of 19101

Registered
The downgrade will just take you to a factory version of 19101
I did use Cyanlab and I did upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 19101. Are you saying I am to suppose to download the 鈥渄owngrade鈥 version on their website, to get 19101 again?

Super Moderator
I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but when I first did mine I upgraded to the highest version number I could get, it had all sorts of problems. You can't do anything once there and have to downgrade. I then downgraded to 19101, which worked perfectly, and then upgraded to 19101 so I would have Grace notes again.

I also tried multiple different versions above 19101 and they were all problematic, so I have upgraded in downgraded mine I think three times in total. I hope that helps

Registered
I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but when I first did mine I upgraded to the highest version number I could get, it had all sorts of problems. You can't do anything once there and have to downgrade. I then downgraded to 19101, which worked perfectly, and then upgraded to 19101 so I would have Grace notes again.

I also tried multiple different versions above 19101 and they were all problematic, so I have upgraded in downgraded mine I think three times in total. I hope that helps
Alright. I will give it a try this weekend. By this theory, I need to download the downgrade, install it, and download another 19101 again and install that? or do I install using the same 19101 usb stick twice? Sorry for all the questions.

Super Moderator
If it were me I would download a new copy of 19101, it sounds to me like you've got a corrupt copy. You may even want to use a different flash drive. It only takes a half an hour to download it and that'll save you a lot of time. IMO

Registered
If it were me I would download a new copy of 19101, it sounds to me like you've got a corrupt copy. You may even want to use a different flash drive. It only takes a half an hour to download it and that'll save you a lot of time. IMO
Haha you would think, but actually I am in an all Mac household so getting a Windows machine to run the CL app was harder than I thought. But I will give that a try. Thanks!

Reactions: copbait

Registered
@copbait
Is this the right config to downgrade? There is only a option for No Maps. After I do this, do I just download another 19101 with map and install it twice?

I did notice why I can't see Tire Pressure, I realized that TP has disappeared from my instrumentation left side panel. It's no longer a option there. I hope re-doing 19101 will fix it.

Super Moderator
Those attachments don't seem to work

Registered
Those attachments don't seem to work
Sorry just uploaded the image again. Here they are too in case that doesn't work.

Super Moderator
Yes that is correct settings

Registered
Yes that is correct settings
Thanks! The Tutorial seems to suggest that I will be downgrade to 3.3 XXXXX, so I guess I need to go back to the application and redownload 19101 with map and install it twice to get Grace Note back?

Super Moderator
No if you would happen to go to 3.3 you will just have to do it one time. I'm pretty sure you get 3.4 though with the downgrade

Registered
Thanks. I was just going off the special notes section:
Notes: Special release used for downgrading only. (3.3.19052)

Registered
Looks like it took me back to 3.3 19052 馃

61 - 80 of 98 Posts