Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my MKC was hit by a truck rolling down a hill January 20th. Parts were backordered. Lincoln customer service was able to find parts. Now some type of parking module bracket is needed and it was also backordered. I was told April 17th, now MAYBE May 1st to be available. I am so disgusted w my entire experience w this car so far. I loved the car the first 4 weeks I had it but now I am just done. I have always bought GM but wanted something different. I got different alright. 3 months, no parts, no car. I've lost 3 m of my warranty and 3 m of my free Sirius, not to mention driving a rental this whole time. Will probably trade it off if I ever get it back. Thoroughly disgusted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So sorry to hear this Dr. Todd. Maybe things will seem different when you get your MKC back. I'm not sure why these dealerships are not on top of things. Very discouraging.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dr Todd - what a major horror story. having had two Lexus' prior to my C , service is so sub par. I would be furious and I am sure you are. Sorry for your troubles

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Dr. Todd,
I had a pretty serious rear-end collision on Jan. 21st (I was hit by a Ford Explorer) and eventually decided to take my MKC to a Ford dealership in Greenfield, Indiana because there are NO Lincoln dealerships in Central Indiana with bodyshops! I knew that I needed either Lincoln or Ford behind me with a 1st year model that was still being produced to meet first-year demand. I was correct and my vehicle with $14,995 damage to the front and rear was back to me in 24 days, which was quicker than I expected. The work was exceptional and I have been very pleased.
It was a leason learned! Although there are many great bodyshops around, none can move as quick as the OEM and a good contact person!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Too bad on the delay with the parts. Unlucky. At least the accident wasn't the mkcs fault. Hope that everything works out for you quick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope you are able to keep in mind it wasn't the fault of the MKC. I'm not even sure Lincoln is at fault as there have been several members on a couple different forums that have had major repairs to the rear already some had problems getting parts but all got them in under a month that I've seen.

I would reach out to their insurance company (possibly with the help of an attorney friends). I don't think it would be overly difficult to force them into buying you an entire new car or at least paying yours off.

At the very least make sure you are paid for the diminished value due to the wreck. You can also get reimbursed for the Sat radio from insurance pretty easy (basically just have to ask for it). Also since someone else is at fault they owe you a car of equal or greater value/accommodations. You have an agreement with your insurance for X amount per day based off what coverage you wanted to pay for, you don't have such an agreement with their insurance. If they are not giving you something of comparable value it is your right to be reimbursed the difference of what a similar car would cost or demand to be put in a similar car.

Basically your situation sucks, but if you are firm and want to go through the hassle you can get compensation and are entitled to it but they won't give you anything with out you first asking (and most likely demanding).

Hope this helps, and sorry again to hear about your luck hope it all turns around!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the.help and suggestions. The insurance even explored the idea of totaling it because it of lack of parts. Lincoln customer service says maybe May 1st for the parts. No promises. Already been approached about by the local Buick dealer who heard and is wanting me to Try an Enclave. Would think w Lincoln trying to reinvent itself w younger buyers they would be doing a little more. Oh well, culture eats strategy for breakfast every day. Maybe the culture hasn't changed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, today I have moved forward with seeing if I can move this along . Have sent emails to everyone I can. Just getting the circles to tell me I am in good hands with customer service. So as much as I love this car, I am moving forward trying to have it declared a lemon due to no parts available. I have bought 8 new GM cars and never had a complaint. This is my first non GM car. Love the.car, not the.least impressed with the Lincoln experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts