Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a '15 MKC a few months ago and have read a couple of threads on doing Sync 2 to 3 to get nav and then I came across this, Update Sync 2 & Enable Navigation on Sync 2
which for me is what I want, I don't care about Apple Car Play etc. or really feel like tearing the dash apart even though I did pick up a Sync 3 apim and screen.

I looked for a thread on doing this but didn't come across any, my questions are has anyone done this? If so how did it work out? The video and none of the replies mention anything about needing an antennae, if I look up parts via my VIN it appears the GPS antennae is already part of the system, no option for w/or w/o nav, true or not?

TIA

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Yeah I’ve done this multiple times, never to a MKC but to my dads F150 and a couple Ford flexes that I owed. It works just like it says. Only time I’ve seen an issue is if you try to update it will throw it back to original non nav. But sync 2 been around for so long I doubt they’ll ever be an update anymore.
Also to answer your question about the GPS antenna yes, it is a module instead of an antenna, but it is part of the car build whether you have NAV or not

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I’ve done this multiple times, never to a MKC but to my dads F150 and a couple Ford flexes that I owed. It works just like it says. Only time I’ve seen an issue is if you try to update it will throw it back to original non nav. But sync 2 been around for so long I doubt they’ll ever be an update anymore.
Also to answer your question about the GPS antenna yes, it is a module instead of an antenna, but it is part of the car build whether you have NAV or not
That's what I'll do.
I have a base w/weather pack and pano roof, is there anything else that can be turned on while I have use of Forscan?

Thx.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I picked up a '15 MKC a few months ago and have read a couple of threads on doing Sync 2 to 3 to get nav and then I came across this, Update Sync 2 & Enable Navigation on Sync 2
which for me is what I want, I don't care about Apple Car Play etc. or really feel like tearing the dash apart even though I did pick up a Sync 3 apim and screen.

I looked for a thread on doing this but didn't come across any, my questions are has anyone done this? If so how did it work out? The video and none of the replies mention anything about needing an antennae, if I look up parts via my VIN it appears the GPS antennae is already part of the system, no option for w/or w/o nav, true or not?

TIA
I put Navigation on My 2015 Lincoln MKC years ago with Forscan, I used an OBDLink MX BT. I now use the wired OBDLink EX - better and more reliable.
Here's a good place to start: [GUIDE] Enable navigation on cars with Sync Gen 2 and MyFord Touch
Another good site:FORScan Tutorial
More reading: navigation - FORScan forum
Navipatch: NaviPatch.png
Navigation update file: 50.72 MB file on MEGA

The codes are similar for different models of vehicles so what applies to one likely also does to the MKC

If you have Sync 2 Ver 3.08 - great - that works best. If it's Ver 3.10 is more difficult but still doable.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
That's what I'll do.
I have a base w/weather pack and pano roof, is there anything else that can be turned on while I have use of Forscan?

Thx.
The one other thing I did that I love with forscan is to turn on tire monitors. I did a write up a few years ago on here. Very easy to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts