Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to update the nav in my 2018 MKC. I downloaded the files as directed in the Lincoln owners website. When I try to load them onto a 16 gb thumb drive to install in the car it loads to 30% and then says an "unknown error" occurred. Has anyone else conquered this? I tired calling my dealer but they say they dont do that service and I have to go by the website instructions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is that covered under warranty?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had problems too. I ordered the updated map USB around 3 months ago for about $50 shipped. Loaded easily.

Reactions: franfrie

·
Registered
2015 mkc reserve, 2.0 fwd
15 Posts
I had problems too. I ordered the updated map USB around 3 months ago for about $50 shipped. Loaded easily.
My 2015 Reserve doesn't have the modem installed, so I did the same thing. Ordered the USB from Amazon on line for I wanna say about $40 bucks and simply replaced the one that came with the vehicle easily,,,, once you find it,,,lol. Dealer quoted me $180 to do the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2015 Reserve doesn't have the modem installed, so I did the same thing. Ordered the USB from Amazon on line for I wanna say about $40 bucks and simply replaced the one that came with the vehicle easily,,,, once you find it,,,lol. Dealer quoted me $180 to do the same thing.
Thanks. I just looked on Amazon and cant find any USB offered to do this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's for Sync 2, 2015 year vehicle and older. That doesn't apply to any vehicle with Sync 3 (totally different system) for anything above 2016.

·
Registered
2015 mkc reserve, 2.0 fwd
15 Posts
Thanks. I'll keep looking.
Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you, my 2015 MKC has an alternate system that was very simple to update using the SD memory chips inserted in the slot buried in the storage area of the center console. Seems the old systems are easier to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
Have you tried a larger flash drive, I got an error as well with a 16 gb flash drive. I used a 64gb nxt drive with success.. I was using cyanlabs though not owner.lincoln.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tried a larger flash drive, I got an error as well with a 16 gb flash drive. I used a 64gb nxt drive with success.. I was using cyanlabs though not owner.lincoln.com
I'm going to call Lincoln and see what they say. The dealer wasnt helpful at all.

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
I'm going to call Lincoln and see what they say. The dealer wasnt helpful at all.
Unfortunately... Are they ever helpful... I do everything myself because I can't trust anyone to do it right

Reactions: lenko

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I gave up on the download the file to the USB plan and paid $40 for the pre-loaded update from Lincoln. I began the process and the on-screen said the update was incompatible with this version of SYNC. I guess I run with old maps or update my Garmin, which is an easy process, unlike this Lincoln SNAFU.

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
You just need to update sync at owner.Lincoln.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts