Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put 20 inch wheels on my MKC a few months ago. I never made a thread to show the difference. I installed the wheels with 255/45/20 inch tires to give it a little more ride height and I like it. What do you all think?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Reactions: TxTom

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks really good - are those Lincoln rims ? How about ride and handling ?
Yes they are my Lincoln wheels from my parts car. The ride is definitely a little more harsh than with the 18" but I definitely expected a worse ride, the suspension picks up the harshness except with potholes and quick changes in road surface. Amazingly the fuel mileage did not change in a noticeable way. I did notice though I get a little rub with 45 spec sidewall when I turn the wheels as far left or right.

Registered
2019 Mark C Reserve
So if you're getting a little rubbing at full lock then maybe 255's are pushing the width too much. We still have the original Michelin 235/50 18's - I haven't been through a winter yet with these. When it's time for new tires I would like to go up to 245/50's of some make - but that's in the future. Have you tried switching the Ride Control to Comfort ? That should make a diff on the harshness. I see the outside diameter went up from 27 1/4 to 29 inches - a 6% increase, no surprise the mileage didn't change.

Registered
So if you're getting a little rubbing at full lock then maybe 255's are pushing the width too much. We still have the original Michelin 235/50 18's - I haven't been through a winter yet with these. When it's time for new tires I would like to go up to 245/50's of some make - but that's in the future. Have you tried switching the Ride Control to Comfort ? That should make a diff on the harshness. I see the outside diameter went up from 27 1/4 to 29 inches - a 6% increase, no surprise the mileage didn't change.
are u still able to make a turn at no problem

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are u still able to make a turn at no problem
Yeah I鈥檝e actually played around quite a bit with tire sizes, I鈥檝e been buying tires with about a quarter of the tread left and seeing how they fit. I鈥檓 currently running 235/60r18. This is probably one of my favorite sizes, the ride quality is great, the look is a little bit off but that鈥檚 the only bad. Once again just like when I was running my 20 inch wheels just a little bit of a rub turning left or turning right all the way. I鈥檝e seen no damage though to the fender liner.

Reactions: Shihan

Registered
So I recently bought some yakahama 20" tires from my Lincoln MKC 2019 and they're fine but I get a lot of road noise why is that Tire pressure is where it's supposed to be

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMHO, that would be the tire for you, some of them are noisier than you would think would be necessary for 2022 engineering. If it drives you nuts talk to the tire shop and see if there was a 30 day try it option. But unfortunately usually a noisy designed tire is going to always be noisy no matter what you do. Your only option is to turn the radio louder馃槈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts