Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
So I put 20 inch wheels on my MKC a few months ago. I never made a thread to show the difference. I installed the wheels with 255/45/20 inch tires to give it a little more ride height and I like it. What do you all think?
IMG_20200802_153213.jpg
IMG_20200802_160054.jpg

Reactions: TxTom

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Looks really good - are those Lincoln rims ? How about ride and handling ?
Yes they are my Lincoln wheels from my parts car. The ride is definitely a little more harsh than with the 18" but I definitely expected a worse ride, the suspension picks up the harshness except with potholes and quick changes in road surface. Amazingly the fuel mileage did not change in a noticeable way. I did notice though I get a little rub with 45 spec sidewall when I turn the wheels as far left or right.

Registered
So if you're getting a little rubbing at full lock then maybe 255's are pushing the width too much. We still have the original Michelin 235/50 18's - I haven't been through a winter yet with these. When it's time for new tires I would like to go up to 245/50's of some make - but that's in the future. Have you tried switching the Ride Control to Comfort ? That should make a diff on the harshness. I see the outside diameter went up from 27 1/4 to 29 inches - a 6% increase, no surprise the mileage didn't change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts