Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I rarely complain about things like this but I really have had some bad lucks since late last year:

- November 2018: The sunshade for the panoramic sunroof "came out" of its track and was flopping onto the back seat. Took my dealership nearly a month to fix with waiting on the interiors department, parts, and they ultimately farmed it out to a third party that specializes in headliners and seats.

- February 2019: The symptoms started well before this since early 2018, but my Bluetooth would disconnect occasionally and quickly reconnects as if nothing happened. In February of this year, it got so bad that I counted it disconnect/reconnect 16 times during an hour commute from home to work. The GPS was also malfunctioning, showing "NO GPS" on the lower left hand corner. Dealership replaced the APIM and fixed the issue. BUT>>>>

- February 2019: While checking out the car after getting the APIM replaced, I realized that a row of buttons that controls the AC primary functions didn't light up or lit up very dimly. The buttons function, but did not light up correctly. I never even left the dealer and got right back in the same loaner and left my MKC there. They replaced the FCIM to fix that issue.

- March 2019: Today, as temperature dipped in the Houston area, I got in my car in the morning and immediately noticed that the steering wheel isn't heated like it usually is during a cold day. Upon inspection, the button on screen is there, makes a clicking sound when I press it, but it would not turn on! Have a trip scheduled to my dealership Monday since they informed me that they didn't have a loaner for me today.

So.. Either I have the worst luck with these components, or Lincoln's quality has suffered recently. I don't see any of my problems here so I tend to think that it's the former... But it is so frustrating having to schedule and detour from your day to get the car serviced.

I believe someone had posted a contact information for someone high up in FoMoCo that I can reach out, but I can't seem to locate that. Can anyone provide? Thank you!:frown

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues with the car but believe me I know what you are going through. I have had many, many issues with my 2015. I have had the car at the dealer (both Ford & Lincoln) more times than I care to count. At least you have been getting a Lincoln for a loaner. I have not once received a loaner of any kind - Lincoln or otherwise. There is no Lincoln dealership where I live so I mostly have been to the Ford dealer. The few times I have been to a Lincoln dealership (in other cities) I did not get a loaner from them either. Many times I have had the same issue re-occur (battery going dead, chimes changing sound, seats not heating, etc.). My 48 month lease on the car ends in June. I don't know whether to get a 2019 MKC or not. I like the look, feel, ride of the car but I don't want all the headaches again either. In spring 2017 I did contact the Director of Marketing, Sales and Service for Lincoln Canada. It wasn't until then that I got some results and the issues resolved quickly. I suggest you do some google searches to find out whom the person in the similiar position would be for Lincoln USA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm glad I leased. Sadly, it seems it's not a good vehicle to keep long term.

Reactions: SubVette

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm glad I leased. Sadly, it seems it's not a good vehicle to keep long term.
Same here. IF I start getting issues I will sell the lease on Swapalease. This is my first Domestic in 15 years. I don't expect to buy at the end of the lease. We will buy the wife's leased CRV though.

Reactions: jcbon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same here. IF I start getting issues I will sell the lease on Swapalease. This is my first Domestic in 15 years. I don't expect to buy at the end of the lease. We will buy the wife's leased CRV though.

In this suv/crossover class, an Acura or Lexus would be a much better long term choice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In this suv/crossover class, an Acura or Lexus would be a much better long term choice.
Although I enjoy the Lincoln. At lease end with $28K owed to buy it,I rather buy a used Acura RDX or a small pick up. I won't be leasing a Lincoln again.

Reactions: jcbon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Although I enjoy the Lincoln. At lease end with $28K owed to buy it,I rather buy a used Acura RDX or a small pick up. I won't be leasing a Lincoln again.
I'd lease again if I can get the same deal. Still may be a slow seller making for a good lease deal.
After owning two Tacomas, I took a big chance buying a new Ranger.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes -- This is my first domestic in a long time as well, the last one was a 98 Chevy Lumina.. After that it was Toyota, BMW, Nissan, and then the MKC. I would say I am not very brand loyal :p.

Anyways, I was able to find Terry, the Director of Marketing of Canada via this forum, who promptly replied and promised to forward my concerns to someone in the states. This was Friday morning so I guess we will see what Monday brings. I will be dropping the car off for heated steering wheel service on Monday, and I am planning to negotiate a complimentary extended warranty on my car with whoever calls me back from corporate. Will update.

Reactions: amandalea13

·
Registered
1 Posts
What dealer in Houston did you get your mkC from starzplacez? I'm so interested - I haven't experienced exactly what you have but have had major electrical issues. I have a 2016 Reserve and let's just say, my Houston dealer doesn't like to see me come in for "yet another warranty item" (although I'm probably one of the nicest pissed off people on the planet as they've told me many times - that may be coming to an end since there are still things going on). I've driven loaners almost as much as I've driven my own car over 2.5 years (not really but it sure feels like it considering my loaners are missing all of the extras my car has). The shear number of things that have happened are unreal....and it took them 2, 3 or 4 times to get some of them fixed. Let's just say, I provided "answers" and "my thoughts" to them from things people have said on the forum and googling I've done and they refused to believe me. My car had 69 mi when I bought it...it ended up in the shop on day 3 for under the seat rattles that were traveling up my frame and sounded like it was in the front dash....the beginning of what's been the most annoying 2.5 years ever. Every item it's gone in for, I've shown videos, I've emailed them "leads"...until my boyfriend started showing up with me, they finally believed exactly what I had been saying - and I was right all along. I'm so so frustrated and will never own another American car (I've always owned Japanese cars prior).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't trust the MKC long term but at just over 2K miles, not one issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What dealer in Houston did you get your mkC from starzplacez? I'm so interested...
Hi Amanda,

I bought and have always serviced the car at West Point Lincoln off of Kirkwood and IH-10. The folks there are always helpful, but the tech team is .. a bit lacking. My last issue (heated steering wheel not working) was fixed by them plugging a wire back into the FCIM... :eek

Also in case anyone is following, I heard back from Terry the same day promising that someone from the US side will get with me, but as of writing I have not heard back... I will give them until the end of the week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts