Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is loving her MKC. But every time the she hits a bump the Vista roof creeks pretty bad. When I drive with her it drives me crazy ! She not complaining much. Anyone having a similar issue ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, And that would drive me crazy also. With this type of car, I don't want to hear any squeaks buzzes, vibrations, etc, only the quiet the MKC was engineered for!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't heard any creaking noises from any part of my MKC and several times I've had it on a stretch of road that dips and dives in just about every direction possible. That would not please me either for a high end car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixing the clicking noise

My MKC (three weeks old) has been in twice within the past week for this issue. The technician first thought it was the track causing it and some adjustment was made; that turned out not to be the solution.

The correct fix involves replacing a piece of foam on the right side. Hopefully, this is a permanent fix because it was driving me bonkers.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No more creaking

Just got my MKC back from the dealer. I was told they "lubricated the vista roof". Nice quiet interior finally !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thank gosh you got it fixed. The good news is it seems that dealers are willing and able to fix these creaks. It can be such an annoying problem to have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Creaky Interior Roof

Bought a certified 2015 with 1k miles. Vista roof liner creaks terribly with every bump. First time in the shop, they installed some type of foam spacers, did nothing. In the shop now and they are replacing the entire roof liner. Hope this does the trick.

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
733 Posts
I annually apply a little spray silicone to all the seals including the fixed glass portion. So far very quiet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Follow up; dealership had to replace the entire roof headliner, but it looks great and now a squeak or creak now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
TYPO! NOT a squeak or a creak now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts