Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've realized as I was waxing the MKC today that my black plastic piece, sitting below the taillight with the reverse camera and license plate lights, was not fastened properly at the factory. On the inner side, it was fastened properly, but on the outer side, there seems to be 3 clip/tab segments. Mine had only the center fastened properly, and the left and right side was not sitting in the correct channel and hence was not flush with the bottom of that lip. Called up my salesman who took a look at his showroom model which had the issue only on the right side. Does seem to be a manufacturer issue, so just run your hand above the license plate lip to make sure if you own a MKC or are picking one up!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So much for the special quality control program. Mine is being built the week of the 21st and if it's not PERFECT I for one will raise ****.............and expect a price reduction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes. I suppose the first ones in particular are bound to have a few little quirks. Hopefully they can pop it back into place easily.

Is it sad I'm excited about this post because it had pictures?
I looked at it and determined to be safe, I wasn't going to just apply force to push that panel in. If the dealer doesn't do that, the only thing they could do, it looks like, would be to remove the plastic cladding on the rear clamshell, snap in that panel properly, and reassemble. Ahh the price you pay to look cool!

And no, not at all. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of pictures as well, I'm looking to make some time for a photo shoot of the new car (just got it tinted and waxed!), as well as a video of all the little functions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I looked at it and determined to be safe, I wasn't going to just apply force to push that panel in. If the dealer doesn't do that, the only thing they could do, it looks like, would be to remove the plastic cladding on the rear clamshell, snap in that panel properly, and reassemble. Ahh the price you pay to look cool!

And no, not at all. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of pictures as well, I'm looking to make some time for a photo shoot of the new car (just got it tinted and waxed!), as well as a video of all the little functions.
did you clay bar it before wax?

·
Registered
160 Posts
So much for the special quality control program. Mine is being built the week of the 21st and if it's not PERFECT I for one will raise ****.............and expect a price reduction.
I'm with you on this, with today's technology there is no excuse to not have a perfect vehicle especially at these prices. Fit up and paint are pet peeves of mine, If Hyundai and Lexus can put out high quality paint finish so can Lincoln.

Reactions: goepfrich

·
Registered
62 Posts
The issue described is unfortunately indicative of an early production hiccup in the very first model-year. Collectively it would appear Ford QA folk are not looking quite close enough at finished MKC's before they leave the factory. It would appear Lincoln has yet to fully establish "quality gate zero" at the Louisville factory.. for the MKC product that is. They do build the more plebeian Ford Escape in the same factory, and that fact can't be totally ignored.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've realized as I was waxing the MKC today that my black plastic piece, sitting below the taillight with the reverse camera and license plate lights, was not fastened properly at the factory. On the inner side, it was fastened properly, but on the outer side, there seems to be 3 clip/tab segments. Mine had only the center fastened properly, and the left and right side was not sitting in the correct channel and hence was not flush with the bottom of that lip. Called up my salesman who took a look at his showroom model which had the issue only on the right side. Does seem to be a manufacturer issue, so just run your hand above the license plate lip to make sure if you own a MKC or are picking one up!
Mine is missing a hatch bumper stop and a slew of weep hole covers on the hatch and doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
These are the kind of issues I was hoping not to see and have the potential to turn me off of buying one. Typical Ford pushing product out that is not well executed. It's the little things that they just don't seem to get right. To play in this market against the competitors from Europe and Japan, it has to be right; not just right enough for them. I'll keep watch, but am leaning away now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine is missing a hatch bumper stop and a slew of weep hole covers on the hatch and doors.
I was at the local Lincoln dealer this morning, so I looked at the 8 MKCs there. None had missing bumper stops nor missing weep hole covers. Also looked at the plate that housed the rear camera and hatch opener...all 8 were properly "seated."

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about these small defects. The dealer should be willing to fix it, correct?

Small problems seem to be par for the course on new vehicles. On the Macan forums there are little issues as well. Security alarm set way too sensitive, dribbling rear wiper, and the passenger door rubbing the body panel when opening seem to have been posted a few times.

It could be worse, like the Nissan Leafs that were missing welds...and that's not even a brand new car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts