Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do these seats stink. It takes about 15 minutes to feel the heat. If I drive around and do errands it may never get hot.
what are other people's experience with the heated seats?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Due to the cooling membrane the heat is never going to be as fast as it would be without. I have a 2015 and if you dig back, there was some TSB regarding this issue.

That said, my seat needs to be turned down after about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Buckeye:

This issue comes up every time a new owner with heated and cooled seats confronts really cold weather. Heated air is forced from below the seat instead of heating elements being in the seat. Thus there is a time lag before you feel the effects of it. I generally remote start my MKC a few minutes before getting into it in cold weather then I'm fine.

Reactions: 5.0 Candy REDCS

·
Registered
733 Posts
Buckeye:

This issue comes up every time a new owner with heated and cooled seats confronts really cold weather. Heated air is forced from below the seat instead of heating elements being in the seat. Thus there is a time lag before you feel the effects of it. I generally remote start my MKC a few minutes before getting into it in cold weather then I'm fine.

per the parts catalog there are heating elements on the lower and upper cushions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check the diagrams in the parts catalog again. Heating elements are in the seats for heated seats only, not heated and cooled seats.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The early iterations of the TED heated/cooled seats take a long time to get going. Both my 2015 MKC and my 2015 F-150 are slow, with the MKC being slowest, probably due to additional padding. My 2018 Edge and 2019 Mustang work far better and heat up comparably to a heated seat with a resistance element in it. In addition, the newer ones make more noise as the fan and ducting are much more efficient.

Do you know that the these seats have a filter element that should be changed periodically? It all depends on how dirty your cabin is, I keep mine really clean so I'm not concerned about it. However, if your interior housekeeping is poor and the filter gets clogged, the poor performance will only get worse.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Check the diagrams in the parts catalog again. Heating elements are in the seats for heated seats only, not heated and cooled seats.

My seats get mighty warm quickly on remote startup even when the heat is blowing cold and I have heated and cooled seats. I put in my Vin # and it says it applies to my car.

·
Registered
881 Posts
My New Nautilus 2019 has heated/cooled seats....the warmup of the seats is lightning fast....they obviously listened to all the complaints about the long duration of heating the MKC's seats....these heat up rapidly, and the 3 red light button actually offers 3 settings....I find on HIGH...they get a little too hot for my liking, so usually lower it to middle setting and yes, they are quite warm on that setting...with auto start, by the time I walk from the house up to the garage, the steering is nice and toasty as are the seats, once in the car, I lower temp setting to medium....FINALLY!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts