Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Welcome mat/Approach lighting

17K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Shawn Gilmour 
Can't find anything on here about this, so sorry in advance if I missed the post. I'm having an issue where the welcome mat and approach lighting is going on and off constantly if the key fob is within communication distance to the car. So, if the car is in the garage and the keys are in the kitchen, the lights sometimes continually go on and off. This doesn't always happen, but I noticed it this morning and apparently it had been doing this all night long. I suspect that this happened a few months ago as well as my battery was completely depleted and the dealer was unable to find the cause.
You're right; that's probably the cause of your previous battery issue. All I can suggest is keeping the fob at a greater distance away from and car and/or call the dealership and let them know what's going on. We have to be almost on top of our car for the welcome lighting to work, so we don't have the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.