Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Welcome to mkcforum.com - please post an introduction

27K views 65 replies 41 participants last post by  copbait 
#1 ·
Welcome to mkcforum.com - The very first Lincoln MKC forum! As a new member we ask that you post an intro about yourself.

:)

#2 · (Edited)
Bring on the MKC

Hello fellow MKC forum members. I've been watching the the development of the MKC since the gorgeous concept car was shown on the auto show circuit. Although I am not yet committed to purchasing an MKC, it is definitely near the top of the list. Our current daily drivers are a 2012 Q5 and 2013 X1. We love the Q5, and unless we start having mechanical issues we intend to keep it for a while. The X1 on the other hand has been a HUGE disappointment. I'm looking for something to replace the BMW by the end of the year. I have my preferred brands, but I tend to ignore badges and buy what suits my needs. I haven't purchased a domestic brand in nearly 14 years. The [not so] short list in no particular order: MKC, Grand Cherokee, 2015 Edge, 2015 Outback, Q5 TDI, XC60 and 2015 Murano. I'm also keeping an eye on the Lexus NX, but I find the new Lexus grille design to range from homely to downright offensive, so I'm not terribly optimistic that the NX will make the cut. The Cherokee was on the list, but there seem to be a lot of issues with that model in its first year, and most V6 owners seem to struggle to break the 20-mpg barrier.

#3 ·
Bring on the MKC, indeed!

Hello fellow MKC forum members! Let me echo HotRod's introduction above with my own. I, too, have been watching the MKC development since the concept car debuted. My current daily driver is a 2004 Acura TL, with no less than 158,000 miles on it. This is the car I have kept the longest and put the most miles on in my lifetime -- and it has been virtually bulletproof until the past two months. Probably kept it too long, but I am hoping it can limp into the summer in time for the MKC to come out. HotRod - on my very short list is the Q5 - glad to hear you have been happy with it. I think it will come down to either the Q5 or MKC. I am also waiting to see the upcoming TLX, but the concept car, though not bad, was a disappointment to me. The RDX is also on the list, but I find it rather unexciting. I look forward to comparing the Q5 and MKC - we'll see who wins that battle!

#4 ·
Hello fellow MKC forum members! Let me echo HotRod's introduction above with my own. I, too, have been watching the MKC development since the concept car debuted. My current daily driver is a 2004 Acura TL, with no less than 158,000 miles on it. This is the car I have kept the longest and put the most miles on in my lifetime -- and it has been virtually bulletproof until the past two months. Probably kept it too long, but I am hoping it can limp into the summer in time for the MKC to come out. HotRod - on my very short list is the Q5 - glad to hear you have been happy with it. I think it will come down to either the Q5 or MKC. I am also waiting to see the upcoming TLX, but the concept car, though not bad, was a disappointment to me. The RDX is also on the list, but I find it rather unexciting. I look forward to comparing the Q5 and MKC - we'll see who wins that battle!
Welcome rocmkc. Sounds like we have similar tastes. My first car was a Honda, and my son is still driving my 2002 RSX. I'm just so disappointed in the direction Honda has taken the Acura brand. I gave the RDX serious consideration before buying the X1, but it just fell short in too many areas. I've remained a member of the Acurazine community, and after hearing the many owner complaints, I'm sure I made the right decision. If Acura addresses some of the issues with the midcycle refresh, I might revisit the RDX as an option. Sadly, I'm not optimistic. A V6 TLX wagon with SH-AWD would get my attention also, but again it seems highly unlikely.

#7 ·
TxTom, thanks for your info & thoughts. Like HotRod, I would probably go for the TDI model of the Q5, and also like HotRod, the Cadillac is not really on my list. I do know someone who owns one and is "satisfied", but I've talked to two Q5 owners who were very enthusiastic about their vehicle in a way that the Cadillac owner was not. That's not say to say the SRX is not a good car - it is for sure - but it just hasn't interested me like the Q5 and the MKC. The MKC just has a great design, and I love driving the Escape upon which it is based.

HotRod - you are correct we seem to have similar tastes. And opinions as well - I agree with you completely about the direction (or should we say mis-direction) that Acura has taken in the past few years. It's a matter of personal taste, of course, but I really think my generation TL ('04-'08) was the last good looking vehicle to come out of Acura's stylists. The RDX looks bland compared to virtually all of its competition, especially the MKC.

And yes, I guess you're right - we probably should start a new thread!!!

#8 ·
Hi everyone. I have been waiting for the Mkc since last Christmas. I thought I had one a few weeks ago but a dealer in ft myers fl didn't deliver on a promise to my dealer. Anyway, my dealer ordered one for me with the exact options I wanted. Reserve package, technology, climate and 19 inch wheels. Build date was yesterday so I am hoping on having it in 2 to 3 weeks. I currently have a ford c-max which is an amazing car but am looking to more luxury and comfort.

#9 ·
Waiting for delivery

Hi everyone,
I have been fortunate to have owned many cars in my lifetime, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and no, I didn't buy it new. I do believe it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. The first new car I owned was a 1957 Ford and now I have a 2013 C-Max. All 3 have served me well so the MKC will be my 4th Ford product. My name is Jerry and my wife's name is Roslyn, ergo my userid of jerroz and when I say my, I mean OUR.
Our MKC has been on order for some time. It has a build date of 7/18 so the dealer expects arrival in Winter Haven, FL by 4 August. I am hoping that will happen. The MKC we ordered is a 2.0 version, white platinum with the Reserve package and options are Technology, Climate and 19 inch wheels.
We are both retired and like to go to the Florida Beaches. Most of our travel is in Florida but occasionally we take a trip up north. We are hoping the MKC will be a great car for traveling long distances. Some one told me that cooled seats really help on a long trip and these hot Florida days.
This is probably more than anyone wants to know about me but I did a post and the administrator told me to do an introduction so here it is.

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I hope you all are driving the MKC very soon.

#10 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been fortunate to have owned many cars in my lifetime, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and no, I didn't buy it new. I do believe it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. The first new car I owned was a 1957 Ford and now I have a 2013 C-Max. All 3 have served me well so the MKC will be my 4th Ford product. My name is Jerry and my wife's name is Roslyn, ergo my userid of jerroz and when I say my, I mean OUR.
Our MKC has been on order for some time. It has a build date of 7/18 so the dealer expects arrival in Winter Haven, FL by 4 August. I am hoping that will happen. The MKC we ordered is a 2.0 version, white platinum with the Reserve package and options are Technology, Climate and 19 inch wheels.
We are both retired and like to go to the Florida Beaches. Most of our travel is in Florida but occasionally we take a trip up north. We are hoping the MKC will be a great car for traveling long distances. Some one told me that cooled seats really help on a long trip and these hot Florida days.
This is probably more than anyone wants to know about me but I did a post and the administrator told me to do an introduction so here it is.

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I hope you all are driving the MKC very soon.
Welcome...and let us know what color interior did you select, and is it FWD or AWD? Thanks...(mine was also built on 7/18, and is on a railcar headed to Texas...due by 8/13)

#12 ·
Do you folks know that Lincoln Client is on Facebook. If you have any questions about an order and you have the VIN, they have the ability to find out the current status. In my case, all they could tell me is that it is not in transit yet. There system, whatever that it, is update once a week on Thursday so my next update will be Friday. I had been told earlier by my dealer that it had been shipped but they never took the time to get a rail car number. Of course, they couldn't have.

#16 ·
This is my first Lincoln! I honestly never thought I find myself driving one. I had a 2008 Acura TSX sedan and wanted to upgrade to a bigger and updated technology. I ALMOST bought a Lexus NX F Sport. But the dealership couldn't find the exact specs I wanted. My family is a Ford/Lincoln family and they recommended I test drive this. WOW I was very impressed! It had everything I was looking for except for the Sporty looks. Then I saw the ownership perks Lincoln offers, the 0% APR, and a local dealer had my color. My heart was set!!

I am hoping Lincoln has finally made the turn in the right direction because it won me over!

#17 ·
Your MKC looks great! As much as I like the intense blue exterior, your interior is really the eye-grabber. Well done!

Like you, this is our first Lincoln. Oregon in general has few Lincolns, and we have the only MKC (that we know of) in our area. It's nice to drive something different.

#18 ·
Thank you for the kind compliments! This is another reason why I went with this model and color combination. It is something that is not very mainstream that you see everyday on the road (i.e. Lexus).

I agree, it's nice to have something uncommon and stands out!!

#19 ·
Hey, all, I've been following the forum for a about a week now and have gotten a lot out of it. Thanks! I'm 79 years old and still enthused about automobiles. My wife and I are looking to buy our first luxury car this year or next. We live in the South, so a light color car with light upholstery is what we consider necessary. Love some of those dark colors but don't want to be parboiled. We would be getting a sedan but we have two lovable Shelties that need space and it is so convenient to have a "lid" to pop for groceries and whatever we pick up at Lowe's, antique shops, yard sales, or whatever. We don't have people in the back very often, so that's not much of a consideration in our buying equation. Many of the sub-compact or compact SUV's get criticized for small cargo areas but that doesn't bother us. We currently have a bronze 2012 Nissan Murano with a beige interior and 24,000 miles on it. We like it, it's a good ride, and have had no problems with it so we have no "pressure" to buy. Neither of us has had a "luxury" vehicle before so, as our last vehicle, we think that rather than put it off until someone takes our licenses away, we should go ahead and "treat" ourselves now. The Murano just brushes the luxury category so the Lincoln would definitely be a notch up and the many driver assist features are an inducement. Our Nissan still has good trade value. One good thing about trading now is that we only pay tax on the trading difference so what we might make by selling ourselves is offset by what we'll save on the state sales tax. We'll probably lose a little on gas mileage with an MKC. We did our homework when we bought our Nissan and bought "it" for the xenon lights, that are fabulous for those with diminished night vision, compared to the lights in my Prius that I traded. I've read a thread where one person pooh poohed the need for great headlights (xenon) over acceptable headlights. I wish I was going to be around when that person gets into their late 60's or beyond. I suspect that they'll sing a different song. Another reason for buying the Murano was its reputation for being a quiet ride and it does have very little road noise but after I picked it up and drove it extensively, I found that it did have some wind noise from the roof rack.

From what I read, and experienced, the MKC will be a quiet ride. Isn't it unbelievable that some brands sell you a $1,000 sound system that you can hardly hear at highway speeds because of road noise . I'm checking dimension along with everything else, as we'd like to downsize a bit. The MKC fills the bill quite nicely. My wife owned a Nissan Pathfinder that she loved when I met her in 2011. I've owned lots of cars over the years, new and used, including an MG, and a Chrysler Maserati. I think the current state of affairs for the consumer is kind of bleak. The names Mercedes Benz, Cadillac, and yes Lincoln, no longer (if they ever did) guarantee quality and satisfaction. If you think about your recent searches for and purchases of tools, appliances and cars, it's a challenge to find a "quality" product even when you're willing to spend a little extra for it. You have to be an eagle-eyed, aware, shopper, just to reduce your chances of disappointment. This applies even more to a vehicle purchase.

Here's what we have learned so far. The MB looks nice, has good brakes, but not as good a ride as the MKC. Off our list. The Audi Q5 is a lovely car and was fun to drive, a delight, but it's $8k to $10k pricier for less features. Off the list. The Acura RDX is a great car, known for quality, and the 2016 adds driver assist features but my wife didn't like the seats and I agreed they weren't up to the ones in the MKC, MB, Audi, Cadillac, or Lexus. At our age seating is important. Put RDX on our "maybe" list. The Cadillac SRX - I wanted to love this one and I wanted to buy it. What stopped me? The "BRAKES!" They weren't as good as our Murano, and no where near the brakes of the MB, Audi, or the MKC. Off the list - sobbing and hand wrenching. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I loved 'the SRX with its somewhat archaic band ustle. " De gustibus non est disputandum!" I even checked to see if I could upgrade the brakes after purchase with stainless steel brake lines and ceramic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available but not SS brake lines that would be crucial. We also want to hold down the exterior dimensions, while maintaining decent comfort and the MKC fits that bill. We have yet to test drive the Lexus NX that my wife likes a lot, or the Acura RDX so I will update the forum after we do.

Here are size comparisons for some popular models:

2014 Nissan Murano, Dimensions: 190" L x 74" W x 67" H

2015 Cadillac SRX, Dimensions: 190" L x 75" W x 66" H

2015 Lincoln MKX, Dimensions: 187" L x 76" W x 67" H

2015 Acura RDX, Dimensions: 184" L x 74" W x 66" H

2015 Lexus NX, Dimensions 182" L x 74" W x 65" H

2015 Lincoln MKC, Dimensions: 179" L x 73" W x 65" H

We are now down to considering the MKC, the Acura RDX, and the Lexus NX. The MKC and the RDX will, most likely, be the ones with the best price advantage. We're concerned about buying an "introductory year" model but that's part of the MKC price advantage too. The Lexus has the advantage on quality and reliability but it is also a new model this year and it only has a 7" NAV screen. The RDX is kind of a "fall-back" consideration for us. I test drove the MKC and like everything about it. During the test drive, the salesperson offered us a "date night." For those that haven't heard about it, it is a current promotion where, "by invitation" a potential buyer, is offered the use of an MKC, for 24 hours along with a $100 to go out to dinner. Naturally, we're going to do it - next week. This is the MKC that we'd like to buy:

2015 LINCOLN MKC FWD, 2.0L EcoBoost® Engine / Silver Sand Color / White Sands Upholstery / Reserve 102A Equipment Group /
Technology Package / Continuously Control Damping Suspension / Climate Package / Enhanced THX® Audio Sound System / Large Soft Cargo Organizer

Here's what we don't like about the MKC:

1) New model - conventional wisdom says "don't buy the first yr (examples are the START/STOP switch problem and the fuel pump recall)

2) Poor gas mileage. Small gas tank but that's probably so as to not make the poor mileage any worse.

3) Panoramic roof (should be a separate choice by itself) We don't happen to want one but have to take it to get other features that we do want.

4) SYNC system / SYNC 3 coming in 2016

5) 6-speed transmission can be slow to downshift at times: "There were a few times, such as on a slight uphill climb with constant acceleration, that the transmission tended to hesitate, unsure whether to go up or down for its next gear."

6) Rear legroom is tight

7) Push-button shift - we prefer "console stick"

8) "The lack of online destination search with navigation and the slowly rendering maps are troubling." "Navigation rendering a very granular slowly rendered maps"

10) the trunk and console well need better lighting

11) Needs a better antenna on roof

I plan to follow up on the forum in the future.

#20 ·
Kronr00004:

I don't feel this belongs in this thread but, as an MKC owner I disagree with most all your conclusions.

1) If no one purchased new models, there be no year two. The s/s button location was only an issue for a select few early owners. The fuel pump's small part in question was only installed on 367 MKC's.

2) Real miles per gallon may seem to be on the low side; but unlike some others it is an honest print and is 4,000 lbs. Most vehicles of this size use the same general capacity and if there was any space available for a larger tank, I don't think 24 pounds for three extra gallons is going to change mileage to speak of.

3) All vehicles have packages, which one may or may not like.

4) No comment, as I'm more interested in drive than SYNC.

5) Totally disagree, as I don't experience or have those problems.

6) MKC is 9 inches shorter than a Mustang, want more space buy bigger.

7) At first it was a concern, as an owner I now like it very much.

8) Totally disagree, as I have no problems you speak of.

9) There could be another light in the cargo hatch.

10) I have no problems concerning the antenna.

When you find the perfect vehicle, let us know! :smile

#21 ·
Wow! Your bread and butter must come from Lincoln. We're very seriously considering the MKC and your sour, smart aleck, response, almost, but not quite, makes us want to take it off our consideration list. You seem to be offended that we have opinions about the MKC, fortunately, there's an enshrined piece of paper that guarantees us that right. The worst that could happen, is that we get thrown off this forum. It's nice to have rose colored glasses and pretend that everything's perfect but we refuse to stick our heads in the sand.

If people read my whole posting they will see that despite my concerns, I've winnowed our choices down to three vehicles: the Lincoln MKC, the Acura RDX, and the Lexus RX350. I've had one brief test ride in the MKC and found it to be attractive, have a beautiful interior, good brakes, a great array of features (although, I have power steering-wheel adjustments in the Murano that I'll lose going to the MKC,) plenty peppy for us, and the salesperson, dealership, and Lincoln themselves have been extremely pleasant and considerate to us up to this point. I, long ago, resigned myself to the fact that no matter what car I buy there's going to be a compromise.

Best regards and happy motoring to all!

Ron K.

#22 ·
Kronr00004:

I do read the whole post or articles, while most do not.

Seriously; although a nice long lead in, with all the ending negatives you speak of, I don't see the MKC being considered. More, like an old song with a new label. :wink

Now; your offended and almost put off by an owners, real world mainly positive and factual comments, to your 11 plus negatives on a newcomer to the market. Sounds as if the “enshrined” you speak of only applies to your comments.

Really, is your Manufacturer or Dealership that afraid? :smile

#23 ·
Used (new to me) 2015 MKC

Hi all, I guess I should introduce myself, so here goes: my name is Nick and I live in Wilmington Delaware.

I bought a "medium" equipped MKC last Thursday. It was a Lincoln Executive Demo, has 15K miles on it, and I LOVE IT. It has the 101a package, plus the towing package, navigation, BLIS select package, and THX sound system. I never thought I would ever be able to afford such a car, and buying used is the only way I could do it. I paid 29K for it, which I think is a great deal, especially since the msrp was 43K. Even if I paid too much for it, I dont care because I love it!!!!!!

I bought it to pull my new popup camper, and I had to give up my 2011 BMW 328XI for this vehicle. I don't miss it at all, which says something very positive about the MKC because I LOVED driving my bimmer.

I look forward to sharing information and experiences with everyone on this forum.

that's me, nuff said... :grin

#24 ·
congrats on your new MKC. $13k off a1 year old vehicle sounds like a good deal to me. you still get the original manufacturers warranty?

#25 ·
CPO Warranty rox!!!

pretty much got a 6 year, 100k warranty which covers a TON of items with a $100 deductible after the original warranty ends. The vehicle went into service 7/14, so I basically have a little under 5 years left. Pretty incredible deal.

The cpo warranty is very comprehensive. See link to Lincoln's website below.
Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned | 200 Point Inspection | Lincoln.com

in case the link does not work, here is the reference:
Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned | 200 Point Inspection | Lincoln.com

#26 · (Edited)
hello every one. 1st time Lincoln owner I always wanted one but that's a different story!! LoL first ride was a 99 maxima, couldn't nobody tell me nothing!! several rides later... 09 charger r/t 5.7 hemi... It was fun till it fell apart LoL (not) and several rides later here I am with my story!!!
this story is about that black on black 2016 2.0 awd 300a reserve... that I'm getting to know better every day!!
I couldn't be happier & I finally know why I always wanted a Lincoln!!
(rolling around in NYC u might see me)

#27 ·
Hello,
New MKC owner here, sort of a surprise purchase, I had been looking to replace my car for the last month or 2, sort of narrowed it down to a Ford Escape or a Mazda CX-5 as I needed a small SUV for my job. I had been using my Focus for travel and it was just not working out. Too low, too small and not great in the snow. Loved the car but it had to go.

During my car shopping I brought me wife along a few times, I think this resulted in a case of new car fever for her. Its Ok because its been 6 years since she last got a car. She had driven her Venza (a car she liked but did not love) for the past 6 years.

Got a call while traveling from her saying that she was test driving a Lincoln MKX. When I got home we went to look and decided that the MKC was a better fit. Went back the next day and made a deal on a Ruby red MKC Select Plus.

BTW, after making the deal on the Lincoln, I went and got the Mazda for me. It was a very long day.

#28 ·
Congrats on both the new car purchases! I also traded my Venza for the MKC.

#29 ·
Hello All,

New Canadian owner of a 2015 MKC - 2.3 / Silver Sand - Hazelnut / Pano roof / 19" wheels. The Lincoln is replacing a VW Jetta GLI. Being 40 many weird looks when I say a Lincoln :-O replaced the VW.

Other vehicle is our reliable family hauler - weekend warrior 2013 Honda Pilot Touring which already has rolled 83,000km

Came across the forum through a google search looking for winter wheel package options. Looks like I'll purchase 18's with wheel size 235/50/r18

#31 ·
Hello! My name is Mike Haggerty. I've been a member of the Escape forum since 2014. I've ordered a 2017 MKC Reserve and will be trading the Escape shortly. I'm 72, retired, and live in Syracuse, NY. I've been in maintenance all my life, and hope to be able to share thoughts, suggestions, and ideas with fellow members. I'll post more details and pictures when my new MKC arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.