Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
Wow! Your bread and butter must come from Lincoln. We're very seriously considering the MKC and your sour, smart aleck, response, almost, but not quite, makes us want to take it off our consideration list. You seem to be offended that we have opinions about the MKC, fortunately, there's an enshrined piece of paper that guarantees us that right. The worst that could happen, is that we get thrown off this forum. It's nice to have rose colored glasses and pretend that everything's perfect but we refuse to stick our heads in the sand.

If people read my whole posting they will see that despite my concerns, I've winnowed our choices down to three vehicles: the Lincoln MKC, the Acura RDX, and the Lexus RX350. I've had one brief test ride in the MKC and found it to be attractive, have a beautiful interior, good brakes, a great array of features (although, I have power steering-wheel adjustments in the Murano that I'll lose going to the MKC,) plenty peppy for us, and the salesperson, dealership, and Lincoln themselves have been extremely pleasant and considerate to us up to this point. I, long ago, resigned myself to the fact that no matter what car I buy there's going to be a compromise.

Best regards and happy motoring to all!

Ron K.

Kronr00004:

I do read the whole post or articles, while most do not.

Seriously; although a nice long lead in, with all the ending negatives you speak of, I don't see the MKC being considered. More, like an old song with a new label. :wink

Now; your offended and almost put off by an owners, real world mainly positive and factual comments, to your 11 plus negatives on a newcomer to the market. Sounds as if the “enshrined” you speak of only applies to your comments.

Really, is your Manufacturer or Dealership that afraid? :smile

Used (new to me) 2015 MKC

Hi all, I guess I should introduce myself, so here goes: my name is Nick and I live in Wilmington Delaware.

I bought a "medium" equipped MKC last Thursday. It was a Lincoln Executive Demo, has 15K miles on it, and I LOVE IT. It has the 101a package, plus the towing package, navigation, BLIS select package, and THX sound system. I never thought I would ever be able to afford such a car, and buying used is the only way I could do it. I paid 29K for it, which I think is a great deal, especially since the msrp was 43K. Even if I paid too much for it, I dont care because I love it!!!!!!

I bought it to pull my new popup camper, and I had to give up my 2011 BMW 328XI for this vehicle. I don't miss it at all, which says something very positive about the MKC because I LOVED driving my bimmer.

I look forward to sharing information and experiences with everyone on this forum.

that's me, nuff said... :grin

congrats on your new MKC. $13k off a1 year old vehicle sounds like a good deal to me. you still get the original manufacturers warranty?

CPO Warranty rox!!!

pretty much got a 6 year, 100k warranty which covers a TON of items with a $100 deductible after the original warranty ends. The vehicle went into service 7/14, so I basically have a little under 5 years left. Pretty incredible deal.

The cpo warranty is very comprehensive. See link to Lincoln's website below.
Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned | 200 Point Inspection | Lincoln.com

in case the link does not work, here is the reference:
Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned | 200 Point Inspection | Lincoln.com

hello every one. 1st time Lincoln owner I always wanted one but that's a different story!! LoL first ride was a 99 maxima, couldn't nobody tell me nothing!! several rides later... 09 charger r/t 5.7 hemi... It was fun till it fell apart LoL (not) and several rides later here I am with my story!!!
this story is about that black on black 2016 2.0 awd 300a reserve... that I'm getting to know better every day!!
I couldn't be happier & I finally know why I always wanted a Lincoln!!
(rolling around in NYC u might see me)

Hello,
New MKC owner here, sort of a surprise purchase, I had been looking to replace my car for the last month or 2, sort of narrowed it down to a Ford Escape or a Mazda CX-5 as I needed a small SUV for my job. I had been using my Focus for travel and it was just not working out. Too low, too small and not great in the snow. Loved the car but it had to go.

During my car shopping I brought me wife along a few times, I think this resulted in a case of new car fever for her. Its Ok because its been 6 years since she last got a car. She had driven her Venza (a car she liked but did not love) for the past 6 years.

Got a call while traveling from her saying that she was test driving a Lincoln MKX. When I got home we went to look and decided that the MKC was a better fit. Went back the next day and made a deal on a Ruby red MKC Select Plus.

BTW, after making the deal on the Lincoln, I went and got the Mazda for me. It was a very long day.

Congrats on both the new car purchases! I also traded my Venza for the MKC.

Hello All,

New Canadian owner of a 2015 MKC - 2.3 / Silver Sand - Hazelnut / Pano roof / 19" wheels. The Lincoln is replacing a VW Jetta GLI. Being 40 many weird looks when I say a Lincoln :-O replaced the VW.

Other vehicle is our reliable family hauler - weekend warrior 2013 Honda Pilot Touring which already has rolled 83,000km

Came across the forum through a google search looking for winter wheel package options. Looks like I'll purchase 18's with wheel size 235/50/r18

Hello! My name is Mike Haggerty. I've been a member of the Escape forum since 2014. I've ordered a 2017 MKC Reserve and will be trading the Escape shortly. I'm 72, retired, and live in Syracuse, NY. I've been in maintenance all my life, and hope to be able to share thoughts, suggestions, and ideas with fellow members. I'll post more details and pictures when my new MKC arrives.

Hello! My name is Mike Haggerty. I've been a member of the Escape forum since 2014. I've ordered a 2017 MKC Reserve and will be trading the Escape shortly. I'm 72, retired, and live in Syracuse, NY. I've been in maintenance all my life, and hope to be able to share thoughts, suggestions, and ideas with fellow members. I'll post more details and pictures when my new MKC arrives.

My new MKC is here! I pick it up next Wednesday 2/15/17

First Lincoln MKC. Just bought last week in Las Vegas and tomorrow driving cross country, 2400 miles, to home in Carolina Beach, NC. Learning the Sync 3 system with some frustrations, but will get through it.
Hope to find some answers here.
Scotty

My new MKC is here! I pick it up next Wednesday 2/15/17

Had my MKC for several weeks. Driven about 200 miles so far. Got my snow tires mounted right away, but now we use my wifes 2011 Escape mostly. Once the weather breaks, I'll get my mag wheels mounted, take some pictures, and do a gallery and garage.

Attachments

First Lincoln purchase

Recently found a 2017 MKC at our local dealership. It was a Ford corporate vehicle with 10K miles. So far very impressed! I have purchased GM vehicles in the past but the size and stature of the MKC is exactly what we were looking for. I figured that since it was a corporate vehicle that if there were any issues with it, they would have been dealt with promptly. Looking forward to many miles of very comfortable driving!

My White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat MKC Select 2.0 FWD with that big beautiful sunroof is my very first Lincoln and I'm coming from a Ford. Im using it for hour+ Silicon Valley commutes over mountains and as my primary transportation. Love it.

I've put about 2.5k miles on it and am hitting that point where I've learned the envelopes, have the muscle memory and am really enjoying luxuriously gliding through my sporting curvy mountain commute (CA 17 thru Santa Cruz Mtns). Love the torque and the quiet, solid ride.

My interests right now are around care and maintenance. I maxed out the warranty and bought the premium service (to fully exploit the AWESOME pick-up/delivery/loaner perk).

When I'm not driving my Lincoln, I'm a Video Producer and dad.

I've been reading here a lot and while not terribly active, looks like a good resource. Cheers!

My White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat MKC Select 2.0 FWD with that big beautiful sunroof is my very first experience taking this appetite suppressant and I'm coming from a Ford. Im using it for hour+ Silicon Valley commutes over mountains and as my primary transportation. Love it.

I've put about 2.5k miles on it and am hitting that point where I've learned the envelopes, have the muscle memory and am really enjoying luxuriously gliding through my sporting curvy mountain commute (CA 17 thru Santa Cruz Mtns). Love the torque and the quiet, solid ride.

My interests right now are around care and maintenance. I maxed out the warranty and bought the premium service (to fully exploit the AWESOME pick-up/delivery/loaner perk).

When I'm not driving my Lincoln, I'm a Video Producer and dad.

I've been reading here a lot and while not terribly active, looks like a good resource. Cheers!
I love the red one JSB.

The fuel gauge on mine was doing the same. It is a problem with the fuel sending unit. There is a TSB for the issue.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.