Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires and I'm looking to get a larger size to increase the clearance of the vehicle as much as I can. Does anybody know the largest size i can upgrade to from the 235/50R18's that i currently have (Without any rubbing of course).

Super Moderator
I don't know of anyone that tried that, someone recently asked the same question only for the 20 in rims with minimal response. I am considering 255/45/20 because if it doesn't work I can use them on one of my flexes. If I try I will let you know and you will be able to convert it to 18 in size

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i saw that thread but also saw that people mentioned it might rub 馃槼 Any idea when you are going to try? I need new tires here shortly so I might just go slightly larger than stock if it's going to be a bit (Obviously don't rush what your plans are!)

Super Moderator
I think by end of August I will try it. We are leaving for a long vacation and it is on the list for when I get home

Registered
I need new tires and I'm looking to get a larger size to increase the clearance of the vehicle as much as I can. Does anybody know the largest size i can upgrade to from the 235/50R18's that i currently have (Without any rubbing of course).
20 inch are an option when buying the Mkc I have 20鈥檚 on my 2017 black reserve

Super Moderator
I am done with the conversion and it looks awesome. 235/45/18 to 255/45/20. I think it looks awesome. By the way no rub with the current set up which would be a 29 in tire

Attachments

Registered
I am done with the conversion and it looks awesome. 235/45/18 to 255/45/20. I think it looks awesome. By the way no rub with the current set up which would be a 29 in tire
How much was speedometer off after tire change

Super Moderator
It was off by about 2-3 mph at highway speed

Registered
I hate the tire gap and will try and go with a bit taller tire in a 19".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts