Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Thought I'd start a thread to see who's doing what to their MKC....cant wait to see what everyone does...

Gave her a bath, had the widows tinted today and changed the license plate bulbs to LED

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ice9812,

Looks great!

Can you provide the bulb id/number for the license plate light upgrade to LED.

Easy to switch out?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks better clean . . Who knew!! :wink
Tint looks great! How much did you add?

Haven't done any modification today, but made to the visors few weeks back. Pic in garage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice9812,

Looks great!

Can you provide the bulb id/number for the license plate light upgrade to LED.

Easy to switch out?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
I used a 194 similar to this bulb 194 6K WHITE 6 LED HIGH POWER 360° 180LM | 1 PAIR

It's a pretty standard/common bulb ....all you'll need is a small flat head screw to push the clip back to lower the housing above the license plate and twist the bulb and replace with LED then snap housing back into place

Looks better clean . . Who knew!! :wink
Tint looks great! How much did you add?

Haven't done any modification today, but made to the visors few weeks back. Pic in garage.

I did 15% on the sides.... I wanted to tint the entire windshield like I have done on my avalanche(see pics in my garage) and other vehicles but the MKC is driven by the wife mostly so she didn't want it on the windshield. I like having the windshield done because it darkens up the front windows perfectly

·
Registered
524 Posts
always loved how they look in black,
are you going to get any paint protection done?
Black is the worst color to maintain, it might help to get some protective coating put on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How much did it cost to tint window's ?
My tint (excellent quality, lifetime warranty) for the front windows, including the small ones forward of the mirrors, was $110 here in Texas. Not as dark as the rear windows, per the law here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much did it cost to tint window's ?
My tint (excellent quality, lifetime warranty) for the front windows, including the small ones forward of the mirrors, was $110 here in Texas. Not as dark as the rear windows, per the law here.
Yes was about that ... I paid $80 but I have been going to the guy that tinted the windows for the past 16 years or so... He always gives me a fair price

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes was about that ... I paid $80 but I have been going to the guy that tinted the windows for the past 16 years or so... He always gives me a fair price
My $110 tint also included wiring in the radar detector. I had it routed the way I wanted, and all they had to do was make the electrical connections.

·
Registered
524 Posts
not bad, good to know someone like that as i hear way too many stories about people getting bad tint jobs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not bad, good to know someone like that as i hear way too many stories about people getting bad tint jobs.

Yes I'm always happy with his work. He has been tinting vehicles and other things since 1992. We were actually talking about different things he has "dabbled" with through the years but he has built such a reputation tinting vehicles that it has worked out the best for him, it's crazy to think someone can make such a living just tinting vehicles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in Irving. Wonder how much he would charge just to hard wire Radar detector? Hard wire with a must button?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm in Irving. Wonder how much he would charge just to hard wire Radar detector? Hard wire with a must button?
They do security systems as well, so real good at the electrical. I think a radar detector wiring alone would be $25-$40, depending on the complexity. Give Mark a call and tell him you heard about them on the MKC Forum. I was there on Monday with my MKC for the radar detector and rear bumper protector. He did the tint last week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
3M Paint Protection?

Is anyone doing this? I see there are several kits out including; hood, fenders and mirrors, front bumper and that rear cargo top bumper area .
Also, Unfortunately any window tinting is illegal in Alberta.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is anyone doing this? I see there are several kits out including; hood, fenders and mirrors, front bumper and that rear cargo top bumper area .

Lots of gas and a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got the 3M paint protection on cargo bumper . . still gotta think about the front areas ($698).

Too, bad no tint @ all . . not even that 3M crystalline 90?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used a 194 similar to this bulb 194 6K WHITE 6 LED HIGH POWER 360° 180LM | 1 PAIR

It's a pretty standard/common bulb ....all you'll need is a small flat head screw to push the clip back to lower the housing above the license plate and twist the bulb and replace with LED then snap housing back into place

I did 15% on the sides.... I wanted to tint the entire windshield like I have done on my avalanche(see pics in my garage) and other vehicles but the MKC is driven by the wife mostly so she didn't want it on the windshield. I like having the windshield done because it darkens up the front windows perfectly
Thanks Ice9812 for the lead on the LEDs for the license lights. I went with the 5K White and got them within 3 days of ordering. Also passed this info on to another Forum member that was interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will take pics when i get home but i bought Loyds clear vinyl custom floor mats to go over existing mats for MKC. Also added screen protector ordered from amazon for 2014 MKT. Only thing i am still wanting to do is tent the front windshield "illegal in Texas" and switch out front map lights and driver license plate for super bright LED.

Lloyd Mats Clear Vinyl Floor Mats - Buy Lloyd Mats at RealTruck

$55 took 5-7 days for delv

Amazon.com: ScreenPatronus - 2014 Lincoln MKT Anti-glare Navigation Screen Protector (LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY): Automotive

Screen protector anti glare life time warranty. Doesn't show fingerprints. $16.99

·
Registered
263 Posts
Will take pics when i get home but i bought Loyds clear vinyl custom floor mats to go over existing mats for MKC. Also added screen protector ordered from amazon for 2014 MKT. Only thing i am still wanting to do is tent the front windshield "illegal in Texas" and switch out front map lights and driver license plate for super bright LED.

Lloyd Mats Clear Vinyl Floor Mats - Buy Lloyd Mats at RealTruck

$55 took 5-7 days for delv

Amazon.com: ScreenPatronus - 2014 Lincoln MKT Anti-glare Navigation Screen Protector (LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY): Automotive

Screen protector anti glare life time warranty. Doesn't show fingerprints. $16.99
Thanks for the tip on the screen protector...ordered one today.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts