Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Drove it to a minor league baseball game today and had a couple stop and ask me how I liked it when we were getting out of it. They said they have been looking at them online and seeing it today in person is making them think they are going to have to get one. So there may be another MKC getting sold soon :grin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Drove it to a minor league baseball game today and had a couple stop and ask me how I liked it when we were getting out of it. They said they have been looking at them online and seeing it today in person is making them think they are going to have to get one. So there may be another MKC getting sold soon :grin
Similar experience today with couple looking at mine as I returned from store. Let them check out the interior & had to show off the liftgate & moonroof, of course! They're RX owners & will be ordering MKC soon, I think. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks dallasfever for the info. on the touch screen protector. We ordered and got ours yesterday. Fits perfectly. We appreciate the guidance to Amazon.com to find one. It seems it comes with a lifetime replacement warranty which is super.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just installed LED 6K lights for my rear license plate. Thanks everyone for providing the install instructions and link to purchase them! I was a little worried at first they didn't fit because they did not slide in easily. Just needs a little more push-in effort than I thought. :cool:

I'm waiting for the SYNC screen protector to come in next week. I can't stand the fingerprints the screen leaves!

Now if only the front turn signals were easy to change to LED. I read that they aren't Plug N Play? :(

What other mods have people done?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep it coming!! Making my list and putting items into my shopping cart. SIGH...it is going to be a LONG summer for me. lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
What kind of mats? Are you doing dealer? I have a "brown" interior (lighter than what you ordered) and wanted brown mats to stand out from the usual black... I bought a quick set for winter but still considering custom MKC ones...but in light of the condition/situation with my vehicle I am hesitant to invest much more right now.

Anyone have the custom MKC mats from Lloyd? Or any other custom set? Considered weathertech and the like but to "truckish" for my MKC IMO

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got WeatherTech mats (front, back, cargo) as a gift. They are black just like the carpet flooring. I don't mind them at all, they fit great, and I feel totally comfortable now putting my dirty shoes in the new car especially if it's wet outside like it has been raining almost everyday here in Texas the past few weeks.

I am not sure if they have brown colored mats, but I think they have tan colored ones available.

·
Registered
795 Posts
thanks tru blu, they don't have brown unfortunately. I might minimally get the back set in black though because I have a 5 year old that steps on the hump piece. Drives me nuts LOL!
How do you feel the back fits? It goes over the hump right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the back fits very well. I just checked it again and it fits pretty snug over the back hump. There isn't hardly any spacing or looseness over the hump. I took a few pics for you to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's awesome true blu. Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I have wanted them but a lot of the reviews on the site I was going to buy them from say that they don't fit well and I was nervous for the first year production car. They look like they fit great. Going to have to do it for the back. I can always get the custom/logo ones for the front.

Anyone have these? You can customize with Lincoln or MKC logo and huge selection of colors. Some complaints about them being TOO thick and luxurious and problem slipping under brake/gas pedal which is not safe.

Lloyd Luxe Floor Mats - Ultra Plush Luxe Carpet Mats

·
Registered
65 Posts
Those Llyod Luxe mats look pretty cool especially with the MKC logo! I wish I knew about those but they seem pretty pricey (as is the WeatherTech, but I can't complain about a gift!)

So I created a quick "To-Do" list of things for my new car: Wheel locks, Tinting (maybe just match the rear windows), Painted brake calipers, treat the leather, and get a Sun Shade.

Anyone have thoughts on a good Sun Shade? I will really need this when the heat and Summer sun comes here in Texas. One person said to look into Windshield Shades, Heat Shields | AutoHeatShield.com Auto Heat Shield

Any other recommendations on the other items or what things do you have on your list?

21 - 40 of 131 Posts