Lincoln MKC Forum banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Detailed the car completely!

Wash, wax, leather conditioner, window cleaning, trim shine. Ready for the first road trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mounted summer tires and mag wheels

Took off my snows and mounted my summer tires and Verde chromed mag wheels.

Attachments

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
733 Posts
An exterior wash, interior cleaning and changed the floor mats from the winter ones (all weather floor mats) to the carpeted ones.. Went over all the weather stripping with silicone. Removed the snow brush! Major exterior detail wash and wax next!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm just about to the first 1000 mile mark, so I changed the engine oil and filter. I changed over to Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and a Motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my paintless dent removal guy take out the only 2 dings, Royal Purple oil change, replaced the marginal factory Michelins with General AltiMAX RT 43 tires (255 X 45 X 19 what an amazing improvement! - highly recommended).
Ready for a 4500 mile road trip to the Maritimes next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
test of signature

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did my semi-annual (5000 mile) oil and filter change. I sure wish the engineers had designed access doors to drain oil, and change the oil filter without dropping that lower panel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanted to change the look of the interior of my ‘17 Premier. I installed the basic faux wood trim kit from Remin. The carid.com site has them. The kit has 2 pieces for the dash and only one piece for each for the doors. Simple but a nice look. Easy to install but make sure the interior is warmed up to around 70* per the instructions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just recieved this cargo tray from WalMart, and I give it a 9.5 out of 10 rating.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FH-GROUP-Premium-Multi-Use-Cargo-Tray-Liner-40-Black/887565037

It's sturdy , thick , heavy rubbery material ,
It is deep walled to contain all dirt, trash, liquids, etc....
Best of all......it fits absolutely perfect. $35

And

Cost is 1/3 of the OEM mat, and the WeatherTech mat.

Ordered and recieved these floor mats also...LOVE EM...$20.
Could not see the big advantage to the $130 Weathertech mats.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FH-GROUP-Heavy-Duty-Rubber-Floor-Mats-Woodgrain-Pattern-Black/143008544

I'm happy,

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
Guess I missed a few posts on this topic. Anyway I put my snow tires and factory wheels on today. Put my Verde mags and Michelins in the cellar. Tomorrow I'll change oil and filter (Mobil 1 and Motorcraft). Then I should be good till next spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
stuff

I have done alot to mkc since we bought it in sept. I bought and installed the screen protectors that were recommended on this forum. My wife and I upgraded our sync 3 to version 3.0 She is in IT so she kept at it even though lincolns website was having trouble. We still were on version 1.0 I have cleaned,clayed and waxed the whole car including my 20" inch wheels.Installed new cabin and air filter. Just ordered a set of floormats for winter off of ebay and also a set of mudflaps.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I installed the winter floor mats (delivered with the car). This weekend a thorough waxing with a long lasting wax I use only for winter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am getting the all seasons swapped for the winter tires on Fri. Woke up this morning to the ground covered with snow. I am going to remove the rubber mats from the front and replace with the weather tech mats for the winter. A couple of weeks ago I did a thorough wash and wax of the exterior, applied the RainX coating to the exterior windows and vacuumed the interior.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just recieved this cargo tray from WalMart, and I give it a 9.5 out of 10 rating.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FH-GROUP-Premium-Multi-Use-Cargo-Tray-Liner-40-Black/887565037

It's sturdy , thick , heavy rubbery material ,
It is deep walled to contain all dirt, trash, liquids, etc....
Best of all......it fits absolutely perfect. $35

And

Cost is 1/3 of the OEM mat, and the WeatherTech mat.

Ordered and recieved these floor mats also...LOVE EM...$20.
Could not see the big advantage to the $130 Weathertech mats.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FH-GROUP-Heavy-Duty-Rubber-Floor-Mats-Woodgrain-Pattern-Black/143008544

I'm happy,

Jim
Can you post a picture of the cargo mat installed? I hate the one that came with my C. It's too hard and everything slides around too much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can you post a picture of the cargo mat installed? I hate the one that came with my C. It's too hard and everything slides around too much.
I'll get a pic of it as soon as I can ...
Doctors appt's today.

Jim

101 - 120 of 135 Posts