Lincoln MKC Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Changed the oil and filter today. Mobil 1 5W-30 and a Motorcraft FL-910S filter. Should tide me over for 6 months until spring. Only have 10,454 miles on my '17 Reserve. I don't drive much!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ordered an AEM engine air filter for my 2019 Reserve 2.3L, to arrive 8/8/19. Good to find that it does not have the oil that K&N filters have, but made with same quality from a related company. Hope it helps gas mileage, as performance is already excellent, and maybe even a slight improvement there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the screen protector...ordered one today.

TxTom, just to make sure I'm tracking right on this one..... The screen protector for a 2014 Lincoln MKT that is in the link will fit the MKC? I have a 2015 MKC and I am interested in this.

·
Registered
2019 Mark C Reserve
58 Posts
We had the brake calipers painted by a specialty autoshop in North Vancouver -http://www.renewzwheelrepair.com . I always wondered why calipers aren't factory painted except for sports cars etc. to protect them from rust. I took the MKC to these guys a few weeks ago to polish out a little curb rash on the right front rim - they did a perfect job and I found out they also do wheel and caliper painting. The paint job was $650 so I really mulled it over first but decided I would regret not getting it done once we drove back home to Nova Scotia. The winters are tough on cars there. They mask the calipers and the car totally so there's a lot of labor time, then a coat of high temp paint plus a coat of high temp lacquer. About 6 colors to choose from - I thought red was the best. They don't show too well but that wasn't the reason for doing them.
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
2019 Mark C Reserve
58 Posts
Wow 650 bucks, that is a lot but it looks great
It works out to $162.50 per wheel - took 4 hours to do the job. First the calipers were steam cleaned of any road film, then they had all the moving parts etc. masked, then the wheel wells were masked then the whole car was wrapped and sealed in plastic sheeting. Three guys worked on the car at the same time to get 'er done faster so that's 12 man hours of labor plus specialty high-temp paint and lacquer. Still not cheap but this way they'll stay rust free for years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very Detailed job, Looks excellent. that's how I did on my Truck, bout 12 years ago & still looks good.. Gonna do our MKC next. I used Engine Ceramic paint from Eastwood . com. Brush it on & it levels out like it was sprayed.
This is from my Chevy Panel Van.. Just FYI.
Locking hubs Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Wheel

121 - 135 of 135 Posts