Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2017 MKC Reserve and use the Lincoln app often to remote start and lock doors. I believe that the modems in pre 2018 MKC's are 2G/3G. AT&T has announced that in Feb of 2022, 3G service will be discontinued.

I can confirm that the modem i have is model JE-5031 (Ford P# FA1T-14G087-DH) (I removed it to verify part#)
Will a 4G modem be available to upgrade? or will the functionality be left to become obsolete?

Just wondering if anyone knows.
Greg

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah I got the same thing. I am scratching my head when it said "a complimentary four year trial". Where did this language come from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No clue... I can tell you that I just got off the phone with Lincoln and they informed me that there is no monthly subscription -- the service is free for life.
I tried talking to my local dealership about it, but they weren't aware of this yet and are doing some research for me. They actually just called back and are thinking I may be okay since my VIN doesnt fall into the category listed in this "Customer Satisfacion Program 21B09"
I did get him to give me the part number for the 4G modem for my MKX ("AMMU7JA00A25AA"). I am going to pop my glove blox and try to determine what model is currently in the vehicle.

Heres the Satisfaction program if you were curious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just checked with my dealership. Cost out of warranty is $550-600. In warranty around $310. This only affects the Lincoln Way app on your smartphone. Navigation, etc., won’t be affected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unlike the US, 3G is not being discontinued in Canada for at least a couple years but Lincoln has seen it fit to only have the app work on 4G so the app is now useless.

Believe it was phased out on Fords over a year ago.

Without the app you lose the non-line of site remote start which is really handy in Canada.

Who the heck has a 4 year obsolescence programmed into a vehicle?

·
Administrator
621 Posts
Unlike the US, 3G is not being discontinued in Canada for at least a couple years but Lincoln has seen it fit to only have the app work on 4G so the app is now useless.

Believe it was phased out on Fords over a year ago.

Without the app you lose the non-line of site remote start which is really handy in Canada.

Who the heck has a 4 year obsolescence programmed into a vehicle?
That sucks, I would figure the app would work as long as you have the service but, I guess they need more people trading in their vehicles. I was going to try to tear my modem apart and put in a 4G chip, I guess that would show I don’t need to try that

·
Registered
153 Posts
My app was updated this week to remove the remote functionality and vehicle information. I promptly deleted the Lincoln app then and there. No point of having another app mining and tracking my information if it has 0 use to me.

Reactions: Nay
1 - 9 of 9 Posts