Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with the Lincoln MKC configurator, and I think that I have come to a decision on the MKC that I will order (if I do end up ordering). Let me break it down for you.

I chose the 2.0-liter EcoBoost Engine with AWD. It gives a base MSRP of $35,595 (all prices in USD).

I added to that the Reserve Equipment Group, for a lot of reasons, but one of the major reasons I had to get the top equipment group is to have the panoramic vista roof, which I think is awesome. That adds another $6,935 to the price tag.

I didn't choose any other packages or add-ons though. As far as materials and color choice, I went with the white sands/espresso leather interior, and the Midnight Sapphire exterior color.

All-in-all this Lincoln with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost Engine, AWD, and Reserve Equipment Group comes to $43,425.

I'm hoping to make a down payment somewhere in the vicinity of $5,400. So that makes the financed amount $38,025. If I pay that back to Lincoln with 5% annual interest over 72 months, my monthly payment should come to $613.

I am hoping that I can get some more knocked off the price of the MKC through talking with the dealer. Hopefully I can bring the monthly payments below $600 a month. If I get enough knocked off then I might go with a 60 month term instead of the 72 month term and just pay more each month but for a year's less time.

This is a picture of what my MKC should look like although the rims will be different from these.

Build your own MKC using the configurator at --> 2015 Lincoln MKC: Build and Price | Lincoln

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good show! Midnight Sapphire is really starting to grow on me. I have a similar build in mind except I went for the upgraded 2.3L and the 19 inch 5 spokes. The configurator spit out a final price of $45,540 for me, with $10K down my monthly is $671 over 60 mos at 5%.

However I may wait for 0 percent financing events to show up that Fors runs almost annually now, that way you can draw out the duration with a much lower APR, which means you can load up with options ands till see a similar monthly number. Its not a strategy for everyone but I typically buy to keep...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good show! Midnight Sapphire is really starting to grow on me. I have a similar build in mind except I went for the upgraded 2.3L and the 19 inch 5 spokes. The configurator spit out a final price of $45,540 for me, with $10K down my monthly is $671 over 60 mos at 5%.

However I may wait for 0 percent financing events to show up that Fors runs almost annually now, that way you can draw out the duration with a much lower APR, which means you can load up with options ands till see a similar monthly number. Its not a strategy for everyone but I typically buy to keep...
What might help to let the color grow more on you is to see it in person once these start arriving at dealers, unless it's already on some other lincolns.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know exactly when these 0% financing events happen? Is it an annual event or something?

I just question if they will have incentives like this on a brand new vehicle that probably doesn't need the extra to help to sell well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you know exactly when these 0% financing events happen? Is it an annual event or something?

I just question if they will have incentives like this on a brand new vehicle that probably doesn't need the extra to help to sell well.
usually annually yes. However I think MKC is going to miss out on it this year, right now Lincoln is offering 0% over 60 months on all models. If you can wait a year thats certainly an option. Are you looking to lease or finance? Because on a lease your monthly will be about half of what you were quoted to finance...

·
Registered
190 Posts

even if it came back with 0%

might not be available with the MKC because it'll be so new

·
Registered
324 Posts
even if it came back with 0%

might not be available with the MKC because it'll be so new
as i said above, Lincoln is offering zero percent over 60 months right now. It will be over by the time MKC order books open. So if you're looking for zero percent on MKC it will have to wait until next year...

I might to be honest with you, the configurator kicked me out a monthly of $671 at 5% over 60. I'll need to sit down at the dealer and get a concrete price before I make my decision but $671 is a steep number. Although keep in mind that is financed....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always been told that leasing was a bad idea, but I am all for 0% financing so if that is a regular occurrence then I will definitely be patient and wait it out. No sense paying tonnes more over 5 years just to have it a few months earlier.

·
Registered
324 Posts
why is leasing a bad idea? its a good idea if you like having new cars every few years.
well there are a few negatives that crop up, and the importance of them all depend on the individual of course.

first and biggest is you're basically paying the depreciation for the dealer who then get to turn around after collecting all the dep from you and sell it for residual. Even if you buy back your vehicle once its off lease you're actually paying more for that vehicle than you would off if simply financed from the start.

You can't claim the vehicle as an asset because you dont technically own it...

Even though you don't own it you're on the hook for all the repairs.

Limits on distances traveled..

·
Registered
190 Posts
there are limitations

the advanatages like I said are for folks who plan to change their car every 5 years regardless

In that case - you will be making car payments for the rest of your life anyways - so you might as well lease

At least you get cheaper payments and usually a nicer car - and you get a new one every 5 years.

It makes no sense to buy the car out after a lease in my opinion.

Leasing is for those who want to have a new car every 5 years - forever.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why is leasing a bad idea? its a good idea if you like having new cars every few years.
Just not very cost effective in the end. Paying all that money to rent a car that you have to give back. It's just not the thing for me.

0% financing is for me though. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts