Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi MKC Folks,

I have 2015 MKC Reserve with 55K miles. Has anyone experience Wheel Noise while coasting less than 30 mph ? I have these last few weeks and its sort of a drone and grinding noise at the same time. It does not occur when accelerating or maintaining high speeds - just when I’m coasting during traffic. I think the wheel bearings need replacing. I am taking to my dealer this week and interested in any similar experience....Thanks !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The front wheel bearing (front) and rear wheel hub assy with bearing (rear) PNs are the same for MKC as for similar year/drivetrain Escapes.

A noticeable 'roar' / 'thrumming noise' in my '14 FWD Escape was cured with a front wheel bearing replacement under warranty at about 52k miles. Note that even for FWD vehicles the wheel bearings on all wheels are covered under the longer Powertrain Warranty.

R&R of the front bearings requires removal of the steering knuckle and pressing out/in a new bearing so anticipate that your dealer will have the car for a while for diagnosis, parts ordering and then doing the work.

Hope that helps, please follow-up on your situation after you visit your dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi MKC Folks,

I have 2015 MKC Reserve with 55K miles. Has anyone experience Wheel Noise while coasting less than 30 mph ? I have these last few weeks and its sort of a drone and grinding noise at the same time. It does not occur when accelerating or maintaining high speeds - just when I’m coasting during traffic. I think the wheel bearings need replacing. I am taking to my dealer this week and interested in any similar experience....Thanks !!
Interesting, as we've had this on our 2015 for about 12,000 now (currently 40,000). It happens at about 40mph but I'm the only one that hears/feels it. The car has been back to Lincoln for a test drive, but they hear/feel nothing.

Maybe I need to have the Mrs. bring it back and mention the front wheel bearings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting back to my original post...my dealer said I need new tires and that the wheel bearings were fine. The tires are making noise because of uneven high and low spots...so I’m looking to replace my current Pirelli’s....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Getting back to my original post...my dealer said I need new tires and that the wheel bearings were fine. The tires are making noise because of uneven high and low spots...so I’m looking to replace my current Pirelli’s....
What happen? did the noise go away with new tires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts