Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some bird (or something) with a death wish dove straight for my exterior mirror on the freeway while I was doing around 70MPH. As a result I have a cracked mirror cap and the strip of clean lens that allows the turn signal shine through is shattered. Thankfully everything still worked, including the power folding and mirror motor.
My question is.. where can I find painted or unpainted mirror cap? Everywhere I looked online has either the entire assembly, or everything but that part for sale. For the record, I am looking for number 7 on here: 2015-2019 Lincoln MKC Mirror Assembly - Driver's Side (LH) EJ7Z-17683-CBPTM | TascaParts.com

Any idea where I can get that part beside like scouring a junk yard?

·
Registered
275 Posts
junk yard. Google map search for used auto parts and call. some places will ask color code, find it and have it all ready for you to pick up. Or try fleabay aka ebay.

·
Administrator
623 Posts
Your best bet on something like that is to go to car-part.com and usually they will show you what color they have. That will scour all the local salvage yards for you that pay for that service. By any chance if you happen to have a tuxedo black car I do have a tuxedo black parts car I can check and see if I’ve got one for you.

·
Administrator
623 Posts
As for the cap, it is only included with the mirror assembly even from Ford’s own parts catalog

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your best bet on something like that is to go to car-part.com and usually they will show you what color they have. That will scour all the local salvage yards for you that pay for that service. By any chance if you happen to have a tuxedo black car I do have a tuxedo black parts car I can check and see if I’ve got one for you.
Yah so everywhere I looked, the part is sold as a whole. I stopped by Lincoln and they told me that it doesn't come separate as it's not meant to come off. Upon closer inspection, the only part that really need replacing is the 'lamp assembly', which is the turn signal plus the clean strip of lens. That is $70, which is tolerable.

Matter of fact I do have a black '17 with color code G1. which is called Black Velvet I believe. Do you have just the mirror cap or the whole mirror assembly available?

·
Administrator
623 Posts
Well then nope mine won’t work for you, black velvet and tuxedo black are two different colors, tuxedo black has a lot more gold Metallic in it. But I did show you a picture of what I’ve got I’ve only got a passenger mirror
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts