Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Windows/Windshield UV & soundscreen ??

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  zerohertz 
#1 ·
Have requested info from Carlite re tint levels UV protection in windows & windshield. Also, hoping some have "soundscreen". Forgot to ask for details re sunroof. Anyone already have the info?
Wish front windows & windshield could be darker!

#4 ·
On both our current cars (which will both become non-current soon) we have 3M film on front side windows and their clear heat-blocking film on the windshields. When we get the MKC I'll pick up a scap sample of the heat blocker to hold up and see how much difference in makes before adding it to the windshield.

#7 ·
Thx, guys. Found a 3M shop fairly close.
The MKC seems much cooler than my Zephyr was with added dark tint. Maybe, the soundscreen glass on the front windows . . Still want them darker as just more pleasant. Probably waiting on the windshield . . have that front facing camera & waiting to hear more . .

#8 ·
ez117, are you in So. Cal.? If so, who did your Windows? I didn't think, in Cal., it was legally permitted to put films on the windshield.

#10 ·
Thx! I used to work with a company who did film for homes, so I'm familiar with the UV and heat advantages, even without tint. Who did your clear film? I've used the same company in Sherman Oaks for my last three cars for tint on the sides and rear. They do great work, but won't do anything with windshields. My MKC is on order, also from Galpin, but no delivery date yet. Send me a private message if you'd rather not publicly post.

#13 ·
While I don't have an MKC nearby to double-check, I'd expect to find the camera and rain sensor in the fixed mount for the mirror -- up against the windshield so dust, dirt, etc can't get on the lens. It wouldn't be in the mirror itself since moving the mirror would mess up the aim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.