Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A radio show host years ago gave a recipe for an excellent windshield cleaner. Add i pint 70% alcohol, 1 teaspoon dish detergent, 1 teaspoon ammonia to an empty gallon container and fill with water. This takes the place of invisible glass,windex ,etc. and will give multiple fills to your spray bottle of choice. Using black and white newsprint is a very cheap and effective non streak cleaner rather than paper towels or rags. Just the 70% alcohol alone works well on the wiper blade to remove road debris from the surface that contacts the glass. You will be amazed how much road grime comes off the blade if you have not tried this. Last would be polishing the windshield with Brasso which will end streaking,or chattering of the blade.

Administrator
What I do is use the Norwex window cloth. My wife would buy that expensive Norwex stuff and I was sure it was a gimmick, until I tried it, I will never go back!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Norwex looks like a premium microfiber cloth. I do use a silicone blade with a microfiber cloth to dry the car. It is amazing how much water microfiber retains.

Administrator
Norwex looks like a premium microfiber cloth. I do use a silicone blade with a microfiber cloth to dry the car. It is amazing how much water microfiber retains.
I agree it looks like microfiber, that was actually my same accusation to my wife. But I have tried microfiber, it just doesn't work like this does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts