Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to dealer to pick up MKC Reserve last night that I had ordered. Paperwork completed and have not even seen the car yet. Salesmen states going to fill the car up with fuel. He drives through the lot on return and heads behind used cars which when I asked why he was taking there they said that is where detailing is located. Finally comes back with the car and says there is a deep scratch across the windshield and will need to be replaced. I am very anal about my vehicles and replacing a windshield in a new car just doesn't sit well. I didn't accept the car and thinking what I should do next. I have replaced windshields in past cars but this is something different. They searched and closest same similar build config is 300 miles and they stated they would look at talking to dealer about possible transfer. Sorry long winded but looking for what others would do. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well aware of the recall for "bubbles". My question is, if given the opportunity to have the windshield replaced or walk away, which which you do?

·
Registered
87 Posts
To be honest I would expect that they wouldn't have even told you about it if you weren't standing right there ready to drive away when it was discovered. If they could find an identical car nearby I'd take it, but if I had to change any colors or lose features I'd be inclined to just take it.

Why You Should Inspect a New Car for Damage Before Buying

Video of a full replacement on an ML350 if you want to see what's going to happen....maybe not going to make you feel any better about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDmTrwqReMM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a call from dealer, they have changed their position from last night. If I don't agree with with quality of the replacement they will void my deal and I will need to take back me trade in. My trade was a 2008 mustang GT California Special with 14K, garage kept and covered since I owned. It was my baby. They think I am going to take this car back now that it's been sitting on their lot with who knows what or who has been driving it. Called Lincoln customer service and they state all dealers are independent and they can't don't anything with how sales are done. It's now looking like I will have to spend money on a lawyer. All I wanted was a new car. I have never is all my years of buying new fords ever had an issue. Fairway Ford in Greenville SC is a joke.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok deep breath.

Let me say I would be as upset as you are.

But since the trade is in the deal is signed, let them replace the windshield, its under warranty anyway.

BUT I would ask for something "extra" that the dealer can provide, like a heavily discounted extended service plan, or something that would interest you.

Lesser of all evils in my opinion.

The attorney thing etc, would be too much hassle for me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have replaced windshields in past cars but this is something different.
Why is it any different? Have you ever owned a car for an extended period before? Windshield replacements are routine, and when completed by a competent dealer with an OEM windshield, the fit should be perfect.

Insist on a new, OEM windshield, installation by the dealer, and try to push for a few hundred dollars discount or voucher for free accessories to make up for the inconvenience. Then enjoy your new MKC, and forget about this.

And if the windshield fit is not perfect, just walk away.

Regarding your Mustang on the lot, I don't understand your concern regarding the condition of the car after a few days on the lot. It's a modern car, it will be fine! I think you're being a bit unreasonable about both the MKC and your Mustang.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think if it was a $20,000 car one would not react the same. These are expensive cars and we all want them to arrive in perfect condition. I understand how crshelps feels. Same things with taking back his trade in car after a bunch of heavy footed people have driven on a few test drives. People are very disrespectful of others belongings. Having said this I think I would follow the advice of those that say take the car with a new windshield and ask for some perks. Fighting it out with a lawyer likely will yield more grief than it is worth. However I would change dealerships as they could have handled this differently and with some finesse and crshelps would not feel the way he/she does if the dealership had good people skills.

·
Registered
140 Posts
now if I could only make sense with my sentences, just upset
I had an "issue" with our dealer drilling holes to mount their garish, ugly dealer plate on the beautiful front bumper of my wife's new 2014 MKZ even though I'd asked/told them not to. I likewise told them NOT to put any dealer label on th back of the car. They ignored me and did both as though my wants didn't matter.
To think that the Lincoln designers and engineers spent many weeks/months or years making this car sleek, aerodynamic - and gorgeous, only to have these arrogant dealers hanging and attaching their obnoxious advertisements with rediculous figures and crazy colors on YOUR new vehicle, absolutely rubs me wrong.
I took the plate off and found 1/4 inch crudely drilled holes on a Dune (beige) bumper which stands out considerably.
I called Lincoln Customer Service who agreed with me - and had heard about their rediculous dealer plates "many" times. To make a long story short - and to keep my blood pressure in check, Lincoln extended our top-tier warranty out to 72 months. I repaired the holes with some slim plugs painted the same color as the car - and I removed the dealer sticker.
The dealer is Tom Roush Lincoln/Mazda. The warranty extension was nothing more than a peace offering. The dealer salesman offered to fix the holes but he left that dealership shortly after this happened.
I'd take the MKC but I'd stay on your dealer like Velcro if even the tiniest issue continues!I own one and love it! I doubt anyone could replace your windshield better than the dealer!
I wish you well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
crshelps:
If it makes you feel any better,
I also am ANAL & I had my MKC Brought in from another Dealer 100 Miles away.
I live in Pa. & the MKC was located in New Jersey.
When the car was brought in my salesman was surprised to see a Front License Bracket.
He knows how i am & said he would switch The front assembly from another MKC on the lot.
It was ready the next day for me to take delivery.
I wasn't crazy about the situation,but how can i not accept it after the dealer sent his driver 100 miles to get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts