Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2017 MKC. Front windshield wiper only works on high and sensor doesn’t work. Rear wiper not working at all. Anyone know what the problem could be? Appreciate any help

·
Registered
182 Posts
is it still under warranty? (so you can just take it in)
What happens when you press the fluid button? goes slow? no movement? only fluid coming out?
do you hear a motor whine when the switch is on slower speeds?
play with the stalk to see if it works or initiates the blades. (wiggle near where it goes into steering column, push in or out)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it still under warranty? (so you can just take it in)
What happens when you press the fluid button? goes slow? no movement? only fluid coming out?
do you hear a motor whine when the switch is on slower speeds?
play with the stalk to see if it works or initiates the blades. (wiggle near where it goes into steering column, push in or out)
Not under warranty. The car has rain sensors which automatically activates the wipers when it detects moisture. That’s not working nor is the fluid dispensing. Only the highest speed works when engaged by the stalk. The rear wiper is also not working

·
Registered
182 Posts
so wiggling the stalk did nothing? My guess relay switch or stalk

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Based on what you said I would lean toward a steering column control module. but it would really be nice to get a set of error codes first. if the module went bad it should show error codes with that module.

It may be as simple as a fuse though, not likely where high speed works. But where multiple systems are failing on the steering wheel control module that's where my thoughts would lead me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2017 MKC. Front windshield wiper only works on high and sensor doesn’t work. Rear wiper not working at all. Anyone know what the problem could be? Appreciate any help
Hi Sandy - my 2017 mkc just started doing the exact same thing . Was it ever diagnosed for you ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts