Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the hood latch is locked tighted and the hood sometimes flutters going 70mph on a windy highway. did anyone else observe this?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Think someone else mentioned something about hood flex or movement somewhere in this forum. Not sure if it's exactly same problem as yours, think it involved an alignment too...

·
Registered
214 Posts
the hood latch is locked tighted and the hood sometimes flutters going 70mph on a windy highway. did anyone else observe this?
As moretti said, another forum member had some issues with their hood flexing, but if I recall correctly they noticed it when driving over bumps or uneven places in the road.

Out of curiosity, what are the vitals on your MKC (year, equipment package, build date, etc.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hood flex - me too

Just picked up mine last Thursday. It is used (executive demo) built 5/14, which I guess is an early build. I am new to this, but I did notice hood flex at high speeds without wind. I had a 2014 Mazda 6 that did the same thing, but worse. It does not bother me really, but if there is a TSB or a known issue, then I'd like to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My does it, it's 2015. Also does it on the TWO 2016 MKC rentals I've driven.

They ALL do it. Just depends if the owner is paying attention.

This issue is really ticking me off as well.

Dealer re aligned the hood and it did nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a 2015 MKC and I have not noticed any shaking of the hood at all at highway speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I notice that I’m not alone ! the hood latch is locked tighted and the hood sometimes flutters going 70mph on a windy highway.
I took in two different dealers and they said they said it wouldn’t don’t do it for them. The last time I jumped my salesman, he said sheepishly that there was a problem with that and no fix yet. He said not enough complaints for them (Ford Motor) to address it yet.
Well the salesman sold me my last Lincoln!
Mel in Edward

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes they do this. Hood is light but solid. No worse at 100+ btw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The hood is Made of aluminum it’s like a pop can and just as thin. I can go through a car wash and the final blower shakes it as well. I thing they need more struts in the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts