Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new set of Wheels & tires for Winter. Took the Factory 255/40-20's off and
put on these 245/50-18's. Michelin X-Ice Xi3's on 18x8.5 Andros Spec Q in Matte Graphite Silver.
I also had TireRack install new TPMS sensors and I re-programmed the MKC using a
Motorcraft TPMS 19 Transmitter. Bought the transmitter on Amazon for $31.
MKC rides very smooth & now ready for Snow!

Dave...

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just ordered a new set of Wheels & tires for Winter. Took the Factory 255/40-20's off and
put on these 245/50-18's. Michelin X-Ice Xi3's on 18x8.5 Andros Spec Q in Matte Graphite Silver.
I also had TireRack install new TPMS sensors and I re-programmed the MKC using a
Motorcraft TPMS 19 Transmitter. Bought the transmitter on Amazon for $31.
MKC rides very smooth & now ready for Snow!

Dave...

Good idea Dave! Lots of folks don't think they need snow tires because they have AWD. Getting stuck seems to be the main concern most folks have. IMHO braking and steering in the snow are more important. If you get stuck , you get pulled out and that's it. Without proper braking or steering your fate could be far worse. I live in Syracuse, NY and 4 snow tires in the winter are the way to go!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Michelin X Ice are awesome winter tires....got them on my MKC and Mustang GTSC.....sweet sexy rims you bought too, looks great!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am on my second season riding on Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's 18's, awesome tire, gets even better the colder it gets.

Snow/Winter times are defiantly worth it, even with AWD or 4WD.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the Nokian Hakkapelitta's also....studded. This is the 3rd winter for them. I have a steep driveway and have not had any problem yet whether it be through deep snow or freezing rain.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Andros wheels are very good looking but be careful as they bend REALLY easy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts