Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide if my wipers need adjustment or if it is an engineering oversight.

When the wipers are off, there is an inch to inch and a half gap between the blades. When wiping rain, there is an area that doesn't get cleaned. That space tapers off as the wipers get higher on the windshield and reach a point where there is finally an overlap. The point of overlap is 6 or 7 inches above the bottom of the windshield. The passenger has to look through that space that doesn't get wiped.

Also my mirror on the driver's side doesn't fold in as much as the passenger side. It isn't much but I see the difference and it bugs me!

Any input from the forum?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Didn't notice any wiper problem, but I do know what you are talking about in regards to the folding mirrors. ( I even went to the dealership to check other MKC's; all the same)
I know it's a small thing, but it also bugs me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Didn't notice any wiper problem, but I do know what you are talking about in regards to the folding mirrors. ( I even went to the dealership to check other MKC's; all the same)
I know it's a small thing, but it also bugs me.
Also went to the dealer to complain; "normal". Normal that it's the same on all MKCs, but this is far from normal! Lol.
Bugs me too.

My bigger beef is with the rear cargo cover, not sure who was the bigger moron, the one designed it, or the one who approved it. It doesn't go all the way to meet the window, there's almost a 6 inch gap, so when you look through the back window, your contents are completely exposed, so much for leaving anything valuable, it will be in plain view. Just plain stupid, oh and there's also a 2 inch gap between the back seat and the cover, yes even when the seats are fully reclined, so any would-be thief gets a nice 360 view of your "hidden" contents.

Don't get me wrong, the car is great, I love it for the most-part, enjoy driving it, and happy with my choice, but there's so many little "scratch your head" kwirks about the fit and finish on this car, like it was rushed at the end of the design process, just to meet a street date.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of these things corrected on the 2016. That's what you get when you opt for the first year of a brand new car, there's always bound to be a handful of misses and imperfections, this is normal!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blades are installed correctly. One of them is so long, if it was put on the passenger side I think it would wipe the roof!

·
Registered
183 Posts
As for the folding mirrors, my thought is had to be for the welcome mat to workout evenly as it does do, a compromise. One thing their good for if you use the folding and can view your MKC you know if it is in fact locked. Personally I would not use the fold on a regular bases as I prefer them out, but I got over ruled.

The wipers are a newer design and do a very good job for the driver. I don't see a problem on that small area in between them as most vehicles have way larger area.

The cargo area and the cover overall I will say is a good design, yes there is that 2" space at rear seats, caused by available attachment. At the hatch end the free hanging bend can also be flipped upward 90 degrees and still remain set in place for easier access to cargo without retracting. As for the gap at the hatch, around 3" in the center and 4 1/2" on each side of center. One can only design within the boundary of all other construction needs. It's a give and take type of deal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The wipers are a newer design and do a very good job for the driver. I don't see a problem on that small area in between them as most vehicles have way larger area.
It looks to me like there are two wiper motors: one for the driver's side and one for the passenger's side, with no mechanical link between the two. So when someone turns the wipers on when one wiper is frozen down to the glass, how are they kept in sync?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts