Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2017 Reserve bought used in may of 21. About 6 months ago wipers would be working just fine but then stop. Sometimes they come back on, sometimes not. Had a relay replaced but that didn’t work for very long. It’s been in a local trusted shop for 3 days but they worked for the shop. Anybody have some ideas or happen to them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had (a longggg time ago) the yoke go bad. it would stop wiping at non consistent times. In the end wiggling the yoke exposed the fact it was bad. the wiggling would 'turn it off and on'. So you might want to wiggle it (or tap it, push, pull) and see if it 'wakes back up' and works again after stopping.

·
Administrator
623 Posts
Unfortunately in today’s world you’re gonna have to look at your pid data. Could be a bad switch could be a bad steering column control module, wiring, body control module, motor, the list goes on and on but the steering column control module would be my theory without any diagnostics. Best I understand the steering column control module is the only part I’ve ever seen fail, but it usually causes issues with turn signals and high beams as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts