Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I absolutely love my new MKC. it is 1 month old and has 1000 miles on it. Unfortunately I was called out of work this week and found my car moved 90 degrees and six feet over from where I parked it. Turns out a large truck parked on the hill above my car and the driver says it must have came out of park when he left it. The car rolled down the hill unattended striking mine. It hit the passenger rear quarter panel. The trailer hitch it is torqued so I am afraid it bent the frame. Just got the OK from his insurance so I'm going to repair shops now. Don't see how it could ever be the same. I will try to post a picture. Just sick over it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
OMG! Wow that stinks. Hope they get it all ironed out for you. Like Laurel said, fingers crossed no structural damage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So sorry about the damage! Wednesday I was rear-ended in my MKC by a Ford Explorer going approximately 50 mph - and he never touched his breaks! I took quite a shot (ended up in the hospital for a couple hours) but later was able to drive it home with no problems whatsoever - all lights working, crushed, but working! The LED lights are amazing!
By the way, my damage estimate by my insurance company without knowing all potential frame damage - $11,726.25!! Ouch!
Sorry I comiserated so long! I still have a sore shoulder, stiff neck and an ongoing headache - and, oh yes, a heartache!

Can you tell me how you uploaded your pictures? I have a few to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear about yours. Just learned today you can also make an insurance claim for diminished value in addition to repairs. Appare its a separate claim. That's a part I was ticked about. I'm thinking of trading it on an identical if I don't take a big hit if its not as good as new.
I upload the pix to photobucket first. Then press the share button that looks like a chain in a square. Then copy the link that says it is one used for forums. Then paste the link here where u want it. When u post, the pix will show up. Hope that helps

·
Registered
160 Posts
man sorry about this, a freak accident. Hope the insurance does you right and you can get a replacement. Hang in there

·
Registered
183 Posts
drtoddh,Bruce: Sorry guys, totally sucks on a new vehicle, I feel for you big time. Hope this helps your repair concerns. MKC is not a body on frame, it is a unibody, just make sure they use OEM parts.

It boils down to the qualiy of decisions made by the people involed. If the repair is back to factory specifications you will enjoy the MKC for years to come with zero problems. If it were not for the Heart Ache of the damage occuring in the first place.

AU MKC: Depending, the total claim generally needs to exceed from a low of 51 up to 80% of a late model vehicle's replacement value for the vehicle to be consider a total loss. For many, if the roof shows signs of structrual damage, your insurance will happily scrap it for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Linc, I worked for insurance companies for 37 years and just because a vehicle has roof damage dosent mean its a total loss.
As this model (MKC) is brand new there are no aftermarket parts available so OEM is the only way to fix it. Most quality body shops will be able to handle the repairs. The main thing is to have a Unibody Bench and a qualified operator.

Kenny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts